The Play and Learn Science app contains a suite of educational kids games from PBS KIDS designed to encourage early science learning!
Kids can play a range of games that help them learn core scientific concepts, all while building and developing problem-solving skills.
As kids play, adults have access to co-learning prompts that offer ways to create “teachable moments” that help kids see how science is part of the world around them. It's easy to teach science through play and real-world experiences!
The Play and Learn Science app offers a variety of tips and strategies that help adults nurture a child’s scientific thinking. Hands-on activities for every game help bring the experiences in the app into the real world. This learning app encourages education outside of the app with co-learning activities for children and parents! Make learning science fun with Play and Learn Science today!
GAMES THAT TEACH
• 15 engaging games covering core science topics
• Roll different objects down ramps & over different materials to learn about the physics of moving objects and the forces that push and pull them.
• Play with the sun and the shadows! Learn how light and objects interact, even during different times of the day .
• How does the weather work? Play with different weather controls to understand temperature and how it affects living things.
MAKE LEARNING FUN
• Kids from pre-school to kindergarten (pre-k) can get a fun head-start on their education.
• Learn about Earth Science, Physical Science and Life Science through fun games.
• Reward your kids with fun drawing tools and stickers for each game they play.
SPEND TIME WITH YOUR CHILD
• Fun co-learning activities that the whole family can enjoy! Go outside and see how the science really works!
• Developed in collaboration with early childhood experts for the optimal learning experience .
• Read tips for parent-child engagement and activities that bring the lessons out of the lab and into the real world.
• Switch between English and Spanish with the push of a button. It’s time for your kids to know how learning science can be fun! Start playing and learning – download it for free!
Play & Learn Science es una aplicación gratuita de
PBS Kids®, una de las marcas de medios educativos
más reconocidas y de mayor confianza en los
Estados Unidos. Esta aplicación bilingue educa a los
niños sobre Física, La Tierra, El Medio Ambiente, La
Vida y más, mediante divertidos experimentos para
compartir entre padres e hijos. Con más de 12
divertidos juegos que motivan la mente de los niños
a aprender más sobre ciencia, Ud. podrá pasar
momentos muy entretenidos con su hijo, y motivar
la exploración y la conversación más allá de el uso de
esta aplicación. Además es una herramienta perfecta
para ¡aprender y practicar el inglés!
ABOUT PBS KIDS
The Play and Learn Science app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs. For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
ABOUT READY TO LEARN
The Play and Learn Science app was created as part of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS Ready To Learn Initiative with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The contents of the app were developed under a cooperative agreement #U295A150003, from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
Across all media platforms, PBS KIDS is committed to creating a safe and secure environment for children and families and being transparent about what information is collected from users.
minor design updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great concept but needs a major tweak
Love this as a (very) simple approach to basic STEM concepts and applications for preschoolers. The only major problem is that there needs to be an option TO TURN OFF THE SOUND. Seriously. While the “explanations” may be helpful for some kids, most kids are going to get the most out of it by exploring without the treacly voiceover. And parents are going to get tired of that vouce REAL fast.
I’d give it a 5 star rating, but.....
We just downloaded this app and it seems to be a great educational app for my daughter in the areas she’s been interested in. My only complaint thus far is that there is absolutely no sound. No music, no talking, no noise of any kind. Being PBS I highly doubt they’d put out or sponsor something for children that is not as verbally, visually or musically vibrant as all kids are themselves. We’ve deleted the app twice hoping it would fix the problem but it hasn’t. It’s obvious there’s a bug/problem that needs to be addressed in order to keep the child’s attention.
Interactive & Educational
I enjoyed playing with this game and getting to know the app. It was extremely interactive throughout the whole process. I like how it continuously teaches the player why and why not things happen and it drills things in your brain!!! I would highly recommend this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.