Play Festival Films is a free App (iPad, iPhone) with best films from top film festivals.
Play Festival Films is a free App (iPad, iPhone) with best films from top film festivals such as Cannes, TIFF, Sundance, SXSW, Palm Springs and others; and best student films from University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, Los Angeles and animation films from CalArts, Los Angeles.
Fans can watch the Play Festival Films via streaming for free anytime, anywhere there is WiFi access. Consumers can now enjoy hundreds of short and feature films on the Play Festival Films that are almost impossible to find anywhere else, including films from Cannes and Sundance and award-winning hits such as:
- Justin Timberlake - The Man of The Hour
- In Love with Jane Austen (Cannes 2014)
- Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn't Me) OSCAR 2014 Nominee, Short Film (Live Action) film.
- Overfished (Cannes 2012, Finalist at American Pavilion, Narrated by Daryl Hannah)
- Over The Line by Sam French, Academy Award Nominee 2013.
- Foet (Cannes 2012, Best Horror Short at Great Lakes Film Festival)
- Kwame (Cannes 2009, Outstanding Achievement in Direction at Directors Guild of America)
- Lullaby For Ray (Cannes 2011) by Marina Shron.
(a) Won Best Short Film at TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) 2011.
- Death Of A Pop Star by Greg Loser - inspired by circumstances surrounding death of M. Jackson.
(a) Audience Award New York City Short Film Festival
- Coons (Cannes 2008) by Chris Cloyd.
(a) Best Nebraska Short Omaha Film Festival 2007
- Blindside (Cannes 2012) by Dimi Nakov
- Random Strangers (Sundance 2012)
- Stick Climbing (Sundance 2012)
- Lazarov (Sundance 2012)
This Play Festival Films app contains free films and paid films. To make it easy for viewers to keep watching all content for free, the app also includes a fun gaming element with points. Users automatically earn 20 points just for downloading the app, which is the amount needed to watch one paid film for free. If a user watches 10 free films, they earn 20 points (2 points for each short watched), which earns the user a viewing experience to watch one paid film for free.
Please note that both options (stream and/or download) require high speed Internet connection, i.e. Wi-Fi. We do not support any streaming or download of videos over 3G network.
- A Tall Tale by Brittany Biggs (Best Animation Short LA Women International Film Festival 2011)
- In Love with Jane Austen by Sue Pomeroy (Cannes 2014)
- Hunting by Duilio Zaffaroni (Cannes 2012)
- Room Service by Tariq Nasir (Winner: Gold Kahuna Award, Honolulu 2012)
- My Father's Chinese Wife by Franklin Peterson (USC First Look Film Festival)
Stream or download the free films. After watching a brief 15 second pre-roll advertisement, the rest of the Play Festival Films viewing experience is quality content that is interruption-free. And you earn 2 viewing points to watch a free film. Use these viewing points to stream any paid film.
- La Releve (Cannes 2015)
- The Kite (Cannes 2015)
- Will of Fortune (Cannes 2015)
- My Dad is a Dracula (Cannes 2014)
- Whole 'Nother Level (Cannes 2014)
- Joy Burn (Cannes 2014)
- Petals (Cannes 2014)
- The Loot (Cannes 2014)
- Yelo (Cannes 2013)
- Waiting (Cannes 2013)
- Overfished (Cannes 2012) narrated by Daryl Hannah.
- Magpie (SXSW 2012)
- Rain for Morgan (Winner - Best narrative short Festivus Film Festival 2011)
- Shell Out (Animation)
- The Funny Thing About Lois (Animation)
- Delmer Builds A Machine (Comedy) by Landon Zakheim (SXSW 2010)
- Departures (Best Drama NYC Brown Fish Film Festival)
You may subscribe to our App and enjoy all the films for free, until your subscription expires. The subscription service is for 3 months for $2.99 and it auto renews every 3 months. You may cancel anytime and you will still be able to enjoy all the films for free, till the end of your subscription term.
1. Removed ads for the free content.
2. Updated the movie player.
3. The content is hosted on new server.
Ratings and Reviews
Very cool that I can download the films and watch them anywhere.
The films are of very good quality. Great content selection from the various film festivals. I always wanted to check out the films from the different film festivals, now I can. Awesome!! After downloading the film, I could take my iPad anywhere and play the film. And it is really nice to just pay one time for a film. Pretty cool indeed. I will like to see more good films added to the library.
Won't display Paid Films
The app opened on the first attempt. I was looking for a particular film but noticed there is no search function. I went to "Paid Films" and scrolled until I found the film I was interested in watching. I was interrupted by someone before I could purchase the film, so I closed the app. The app will no longer display the films listed under "Paid Films". The column is blank. I have killed the app as well as rebooted my iPad but the app still will not display the paid films. If I close the app and immediately re-open it, a film (I'm guessing) starts playing but without video. I have no idea what is playing because I never made a purchase . A Mountain Dew commercial played one time but got very blurry half-way through.
Nice Little App
A great app for viewing short films.
After the previous version caused frequent crashes and sketchy performance, this new update restores the app to its former glory. I must give a special mention to the developers for listening to their customers and working quickly to address the issues. Looking forward to see how this app expands in the future… and of course, to the next batch of short films!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 2way TV LLC
- 9.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 2wayTV LLC
- In-App Purchases
- SUBSCRIBE - 3 Months $2.99
- "A Tall Tale" $0.99
- "If A Body Meet A Body" $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.