Sudoku not challenging enough? Tease your brain with Jigoku, a Sudoku variant where notches in the cell borders, known as jigs, show the greater-than / less-than relationships between cells.
This app is inspired by the incredibly fun and tough puzzles made by Jim Bumgardner (see: https://krazydad.com/jigoku).
Minimalist Gameplay and Design
• Enjoy simple, lightweight colors and backdrops as you focus on completing your puzzles.
• Quickly and effectively solve the hardest of puzzles with simple to learn gestures and features.
• Remove clutter by using a blank backdrop and hiding words from the interface.
Enter Guesses, See Highlighted Contradictions, and Undo Moves
• You can highlight guesses and placed values, enter guesses quickly with a tap or slide of the finger, and enter final values with a long press.
• Duplicates and guesses that conflict with final value selections are highlighted, and can be quickly deleted with a single button.
• Any action can be undone and redone while playing.
Generate Unlimited Games
• The puzzle generation system will let you create as many puzzles as you want.
• Support for both Sudoku and Jigoku games, 2x2 and 3x3 games, and varying levels of difficulty.
• Each game has a guaranteed solution.
• Melt your brain ever further with almost over a 100 puzzles from Krazydad.com with a range of different difficulties.
• Pro Tip: for the hardest puzzles, double-tapping to highlight cells can be useful for doing guess-and-check (namely, highlight cells where you guessed the value). In addition, there is a button in the drop-down menu for clearing the guesses you placed while doing guess-and-check.
• Learn the rules of Jigoku and how to interact with the interface with step-by-step visuals.
• Look for a "(?)" in the interface to get a quick lesson.
Multiple Active Games and Stats
• Have as many concurrent games saved as you'd like and delete them whenever.
• View the number of games you've completed, your most recently completed games, and your best times for completing different games.
• Select any of the 5 colored themes or their midnight (color-inverted) counterparts.
• Choose wallpaper themes to your heart's content (or none at all).
The Krazydad puzzles available in this app are sourced from Krazydad.com (Jim Bumgardner), are copyright 2006, Jim Bumgardner, and used by permission.
Big thanks to Heleni Ramirez for providing the Spanish translation for the App!
Wooo! Hitting y'all with another update.
• Undo and Redo moves! While you're playing your games, you can undo and redo any action.
• Time Elapsed and Best Times! Going forward, brand-new games keep track of how long you play them for, and the Stats page keeps track of your Best Time for each type of game.
• Guess-and-Check delete button! There's a new button in the drop-down menu to unset the final guesses for cells with a highlight set (using double-tap). Perfect for a rapid guess-and-check strategy!
• Spanish Translation! ¿Prefiere jugar en Español? Está listo para usted.
• Increase some tip-tap hit-boxes to make the (• • •) easier to tap and better prevent tapping the board while selecting values on iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Neat Challenging Twist To Sudoku
I play a fair amount of sudoku, but eventually “hard” becomes “easy”, therefore I was looking for an app that would deliver a bit more competition. I found that in this. The less than and greater than twist returns me to the difficulty that initially attracted me to sudoku. The app delivers a familiar gameplay without all the fuss found in other apps, instead choosing to focus on the brain teaser itself. I highly recommend it to fellow sudoku lovers out there. It does come with a sudoku option in case you get homesick. Fantastic app!
Great digital transition to a classic game!
Perfect for a morning brain teaser or cranking up the difficulty for a tough mental challenge... love the simplicity and how you can pencil in the numbers before you finalize them (A lot easier than literally penciling them in on paper and constantly erasing, which is a crappy catch 22 because if you’re like me you play this game because you’re a perfectionist and enjoy numbers but all of the sudden you have a messy piece of paper with eraser shavings and little numbers written all over!!)
Addicting and fabulous!
I love it! Thank you so much!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nikolai Shkurkin
- 3.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Esperanto, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Nikolai Shkurkin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.