Delightful Subsonic Client
Stream your Subsonic-server-hosted music to your iOS or CarPlay device, Chromecast device or Subsonic Jukebox.
Enjoy your music everywhere, anytime, in the quality you decide!
play:Sub supports playback of most audio formats like FLAC, MP3, AAC and more.
Lossless and gapless playback is supported, as well as crossfading between tracks.
Use the 10-band fully customizable equalizer to get the right sound.
The equalizer has presets for common genres and scenarios.
Apply crossfade and replay-gain for the perfect listening experience.
Browse your music your way, be it by folder, artist, album, decade.
Control playback using gestures, buttons or remote controlled from you headset.
Play on anything: builtin speaker, headphones, Bluetooth connected headphones/amp/speaker/car-stereo or AirPlay devices.
play:Sub streams your music over any connection, and caches songs for when connectivity is bad.
Played songs are cached automatically, and you can manually cache individual songs or entire folders, artists or albums.
• Subsonic, AirSonic, Ampache, Madsonic, Funkwhale, Libresonic, Navidrome
• Supports multiple servers and easy switching between them
• Any Subsonic 4.8+ compatible server should work
• You may need to enable Subsonic API on some server types
• Dark and light UI themes
• All orientations, incl. iPad multitasking support
• FLAC, AAC, ALAC, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, AIFF, WEBM and more
• Plays most audio formats without transcoding
• Lossless playback (wo transcoding)
• Gapless playback
• 10-band equalizer
• Replay Gain
• HI-rez digital up to 24bit/192kHz
• Variable playback speed (0.5-2x)
• Any iOS device
• Artist radio.
• Artist top songs
• Similar artists
• Be inspired by random artist, album or songs
• Play random songs in a genre
BROWSE YOUR MUSIC ANY WAY YOU LIKE IT
• Artists, Albums, Songs
• Playlists, Favorites, Genres
• Podcasts, Audiobooks, Bookmarks
• Filter by Subsonic mediafolder
• Server configured / shared internet radiostation.
• 20000+ radiostation directory powered by radiobrowser,info
• Create, update and delete playlists
• Personal and shared playlists
• Cache complete playlists to device
• Full playlist support in both online and offline mode
• Starring of artists, albums, tracks and folders
• Starring works in both online and offline mode
• Items starred when offline is synced at first chance
• Easily filter lists for starred content
• View All, Random or Starred albums from a genre
• View Random or Starred songs from a genre
CONTEXT MENU EVERYWHERE
• Long-press any item to show relevant actions
• Easily navigate between associated artist, album, tracks and folders
• Add tracks, albums, artists or folders to playlists
• Swipe-to-reveal shortcuts
• Automatic caching of played tracks, pre-cache upcoming tracks
• Manually cache selected folders, artists, albums or tracks
• Upgrade cached audio to better bitrate when available
SEAMLESS OFFLINE MODE
• Play cached music when connectivity is bad
• Show only cached content
• Same user interface in online and offline mode
• AirPlay, Bluetooth, remote control, lock screen & control center integration
• Support iOS’ sleep timer
• Resumes music after being interrupted by phone calls
• Background downloads
• SSL, self-signed certificates
• Secure authentication for Subsonic 5.3+ servers
• cellular/wifi dependent bitrate; override settings for slow/fast WiFi networks
• Scrobbles to last.fm if configured on the server
• Updates Now Playing on the server
• Updates server-playcounts when playing cached content
• Music played while offline is scrobbled when online again
NOTE: a licensed installation of Subsonic 4.8+ is required.
Some features need a higher server version (Top Songs, Artist Radio, Similar Artists, Last.fm Imagery, Album Info)
PRIDE APP ICONS
Here's what's changed:
● New: Pride app icons.
For feature requests or issues:
please use the in-app form (play:Sub | Feedback),
or the contact form on http://michaelsapps.dk
Ratings and Reviews
Love this, but one feature suggestion
I use this with my booksonic server connected to unraid and it works beautifully. However, there’s 1 feature I would love to see you implement (btw, I’ve downloaded every subsonic music/audiobook player and none have it) is being able to play back at faster speeds. I have some audiobooks which are great, but the narrator speaks at terribly slow pace. Hopefully you can implement this feature relatively easily and soon! Otherwise, love the app and features!
-update: and this was improved! We have faster playback, integration into every Bluetooth/wireless device I have. I’ve deleted all my other apps and use this one exclusively. Works with my audiobooks, podcasts and on a separate server I’ve linked my music. Overall, this is a total win!
Developer Response ,
Variable playback speed will be part of the next version.
Awesome app- fast and easy to use
I’ve tried a number of free apps for my playing music off my airsonic server and this is by far the best. It’s extremely fast loading as if the songs were on the device instead of streaming. I can’t even tell it’s streaming, honestly. It’s easy to queue songs, albums, genres, years, artists, etc on the fly. It shows my artwork properly also. I’ve only used it for a few days, but well worth the purchase price.
You can also set max nitrates (for Wi-Fi and cellular) to help limit data usage, customize cache sizes and download music directly for offline play. I haven’t yet found a feature I want that is missing, and I am someone that likes a lot of settings/tinkering and features! Keep up the great work, dev.
Now the best subsonic client for iOS
I was an iSub user for many years. When version 1.8 of Play:Sub came out, I found myself splitting my time between the two apps. Version 1.9 (July 2018) has changed all that: Play:Sub is the only client for me now. Why? The power of the interface. It’s very flexible for things like adding tracks to a currently playing queue. Basically, unlike iSub (which is no longer in active development) the interface feels current and doesn’t get in your way. Add in features unique to this client like Artist Radio (plays songs from artists related to the current one) and you’ve got a winner.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Hansen
- 21 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, French, German, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Michael Bech Hansen
- In-App Purchases
- Unbelievable Tip $8.99
- Generous Tip $1.99
- Amazing Tip $3.99