PlayerFM is a top independent podcast player and podcast library, empowering listeners around the world to search, discover, save and listen to more than 20+ million free podcasts.
Find your favorite shows and discover new shows focused on education, news, business, technology, sports, comedy, music, and more! Our podcast library is updated multiple times per day, ensuring we always have the latest shows and episodes. Plus, discover free audiobooks, documentaries, video podcasts and interviews with our human-powered catalog and advanced episode-level search.
• Offline listening - When you're commuting and relaxing, your podcast player is still there for you, even with no wifi.
• Seamless cloud sync - Follow it on your phone and you'll see it on your tablet too.
• Social - Like and share favorite episodes.
• Discover - See what's hot and trending.
• Colors & dark theme - Match your style.
• Podcast categories - Organize your shows into genres and moods.
• Sleep timer - Let the podcasts sleep when you do.
• NEW Space Saver - Compress downloaded episodes, while maintaining audio quality. A 100MB MP3 could compress to 30MB!
• NEW Relax & Sleep - Discover and listen to relaxing sleep sounds hand-picked by our editors.
• NEW Custom App Icons - Choose from 9 unique app icons to match your home screen.
• NEW iPad support - Explore the app in Portrait and Landscape views.
• NEW Apple Watch support - Access playback controls and more, now from your wrist!
• Ad-Free experience - Focus on the content of your favorite podcast episodes without the distraction of ads.
• Play on multiple devices - Easily sync playlists, full play history, and resume playback across devices.
• Playlists & bookmarks - Organize with playlists and timestamped bookmarks tied to your cloud account.
• Theme editor - Full control on themes, cloud-sync all your themes, unlock all premium themes.
• Turbo Fetch - Get updates early & often. Be the first to know!
• Personal search - Locate any episode with ease from your subscriptions and playlists.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
LifeHacker: "Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts"
Tested: "Right from the start, I found the experience of using PlayerFM enjoyable"
GigaOm: "Makes podcasts look cool again"
SUPPORT & SOCIAL
email@example.com • twitter.com/playerfm • www.facebook.com/playerfm • blog.player.fm
Terms of Service: https://player.fm/legal
Subscription Terms: Payment for subscriptions will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Introducing the latest & GREATEST version of Player FM. We are happy to announce that we now support CarPlay! The ultimate companion to the newly enhanced Player FM, CarPlay allows you to listen to your favorite podcasts on the go.
Here’s what’s new:
- Brand new CarPlay support!
- Improved legibility of the newly elevated UI
- Improved custom icon and theme settings
- Enhanced playback controls
- Elevated discovery features
- Several bug fixes and tweaks in response to user feedback
Thank you for continuing to support Player FM! Comments, questions, or feedback? Feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
It’s got Bookmarks Baby!
That’s right, this podcast app has bookmarks. I can bookmark any Part of any podcast episode and write a little snippet about that bookmark to help me find it later. Only a few podcast apps have bookmarks. I like the way PlayerFm does bookmarks best. Although, I would like to be able to see all bookmarks in a list without having to click an episode, the way this app does bookmarks remains the best in my eyes! Here’s to you devs.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot, THEDAYISMINE! You may see the list of all your bookmarks by accessing the Playlists screen from the bottom navigation panel, then selecting [Bookmarks] on the top bar. Please don't hesitate to mail us at email@example.com should you need further assistance or have suggestions for improvement. Cheers.
Good not great!
I recently switched from Stitcher and I’ve been searching for a podcast app that lets me put entire podcasts into categories, not just episode playlists. This is actually the only app I can find that does that besides Stitcher. And for that, I really love this app!
My problem with it is that when I try to sort a podcast with a large backload by “oldest first,” it does not show me the oldest episodes. I’ve tried it with a few podcasts now, and I am unable to see the oldest episodes without scrolling all the way down or by searching them manually.
That’s truly my only problem with what is otherwise a great app. Just as a matter of preference, I would love to be able to remove the “suggestions” from the Series Grid View. I’d love to be able to just see the podcasts that I have put into folders without all those extras.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, natejenswold. For your issue, can you please share an example podcast where it occurs so we can further investigate for you? Please feel free to get back to us with your logs by going to Settings > Help > [Contact us]. Meanwhile, we've taken note of your suggestion and we'll consider it in future updates. Cheers.
Latest update took a 2 star app to 1, should really be zero!
The new design/layout makes buttons unpressable/completely disabled in the list view. The play button is almost impossible to press and the three “...” settings button cannot be pressed at all while in list view. This used to only occur with the show on the bottom of the list in the previous version. You now have to open each show individually to gain full functionality of the play/settings buttons.
Why do you make things worst with each update? Regardless of the ‘new’ look... its just a facade to cover up issues you still have not properly addressed.
Also resuming shows STILL does not work as it used to years ago. You still have to play a different show to try ensure your current show resumes from where you let off, what a hassle!
Maple Media deserves an award for taking decent apps and magically turning them into trash. I would suggest looking at Maple Media’s Glassdoor page as well. They treat their employees/devs poorly and seem like an awful company to work for, it truly reflects in quality of their products.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the issues you're having, buttpockets. That's certainly not how the app should behave, and we'd like to further investigate it for you. For us to do that, can you please send logs in Settings | Help | [Contact us]? For your issues on the new design, we hope you can share screenshots at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have a better understanding and properly address them for you. We look forward to reading from you again soon. Cheers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Perfect Day, LLC.
- 131.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Aghem, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Maple Media
- In-App Purchases
- Player FM Pro Membership $47.99
- Player FM Monthly Premium $3.99
- Premium Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.