PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
> PLAY VIRTUALLY ALL VIDEO FORMATS
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format including:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, WebM, wm, wmv, iso, wtv, video_ts
Includes industry standard HD Audio support.
> STREAMING POWERHOUSE
Play and browse all your movies, shows and music stored on your networked devices like NAS devices, Wi-Fi hard drive, Mac, PC, DLNA/UPnP apps like Plex and Kodi (XBMC) in most formats directly without conversion & syncing.
> BIG SCREEN CASTING
Fling your videos on big screens using Apple AirPlay & Google Cast with subtitles and high quality sound.
Download subtitles in real time (for free via opensubtitles.org) or add your own subtitle files in multiple languages.
“You can play almost any video format under the sun on your iPad/iPhone/iPod with the PlayerXtreme app.”
- Tech Radar
“PlayerXtreme can handle just about any file format you throw at it, which means that it can easily become your main video player.”
"5 Reasons That Makes PlayerXtreme the Best Video Player for iOS"
- Guiding Tech
"App Crawlr has awarded 9.9 ratings to PlayerXtreme Media Player."
- App Crawlr
“Quart Soft has rated PlayerXtreme in the Top 6 Free iOS Apps for Playing SD & HD Video.”
- Quart Soft
“The clarity and ease of use makes me want to always use this app”
- Player Xtreme user
“Very useful app. Highly recommended.!”
- Player Xtreme user
• Intuitive Video Posters based UI
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface option.
• Easy to organize your movie collection.
• New Navigation and search
• Download videos from networked devices
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your files via web browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Add files from your PC to your iPhone.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Big screens casting via AirPlay and Google Cast.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for all formats.
• Support SRT, SSA/ASS, SMI and many other subtitles in almost all languages.
• One-click subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle font size, track and language.
• Supports multiple audio tracks in a file.
• Boost volume upto 3 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Gesture Controls
• Continuous playback
• Industry standard HD Audio support
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
Note: DRM protected movies and TV shows purchased from iTunes are not supported
You can be a premium user through auto-renewable subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your iTunes account will be charged for subscription renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can turn off the auto-renew at any time (24-hours before the end of the current period), but No cancellation for the current subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Fixed miscellaneous user reported issues
- Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Supports all formats
If you are looking for a free media player that supports all formats then this app is a good choice. Its very easy to set up, just add your files to the app and it will play them with a tap. We can also stream our movies from networks and NAS devices. The app supports SMB/FTP and Upnp/Dlna protocols. Speed of the overall player is fast and it plays my files with no worries. There are many useful options too like audio delay, subtitles, chromecast, airplay, video in background, repeat and shuffle play.
Apart from videos the app supports playing music too. Popular audio formats like mp3, flac, wav, wmv and flac are all supported. It also supports Dolby and DTS codecs. The sound is very loud and clear which makes it perfect for listening to music. The sound can be increased to 300%. The player also has swipe gestures support and we can adjust the brightness and volume with swipes.
Other options like poster view, search, passcode, FaceID, TouchID and screen lock are also supported. The app also lets me share my videos to other programs and apps so I can show them to my friends. The library in the app can store as many files which I add to it without any limits. I have stored my entire media collection in library and I like playing the videos and movies offline when I am away from home. Great app.
Great media player
I downloaded this app because I was looking for an app to organize all my media files and it works quite well. It supports many formats like mp4, avi, mkv, mp3 etc. It has an intuitive design and some nice settings for organizing media. The app has a sort option which I can use to sort my media files. There is also a feature to create new folders. These options make it very simple for keeping everything in its right place. I added my entire movie collection to this app and was surprised at how easily it added movie posters to my files. Now my movie collection looks more beautiful than ever.
Till now every movie I have tried with this app, has played okay. I also tried the casting feature with my chromecast device and it seems to cast the movie to my TV without any worries or lags. The picture quality is terrific and I can watch the movies with subtitles. Adding files to the app or getting the files from PlayerXtreme to my laptop is also made simple through the browser feature. I can add my files using a simple drag and drop which is very convenient. The best thing about this player is that all the movies I have added to the app can be played when I am away from home. So I can enjoy my favorite shows and films wherever I am.
Definitely one of the better videos players I have used on iPhone. Having a video player is very helpful for watching all sorts of movies, videos, clips or listening to music and PlayerXtreme seems to be the one. It plays all my videos with impressive audio/video playback even with HD and 4K content. Its quite user friendly and does not require much setting up. It also provides an easy way to stream media files from my NAS device and Plex media server. I have an airport time capsule on which I store most of my movies and PlayerXtreme lets me browse and play my movies from there over Wi-Fi.
The app has some cool options like increasing volume up to 300 percent and subtitles download support. It also has options for shuffle play and repeat. The controls work seamlessly throughout the app and are excellent for managing my media. Another useful feature is the search bar which lets me easily get to the video or movie that I want to watch. Other than that automatic metadata fetching and TouchID are also available in this app.
So far I am happy with this app's performance and hoping to see some more features added soon. Please add a feature for setting custom thumbnails for videos as I think that would really come in handy.
- iStreamer Apps
- 94.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Xtreme Media Works
- In-App Purchases
- Loyalty Upgrade Free
- PlayerXtreme Pro $9.99
- Monthly Subscription $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.