PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPhone. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
> PLAY VIRTUALLY ALL VIDEO FORMATS
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format including:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, WebM, wm, wmv, iso, wtv, video_ts
Includes industry standard HD Audio support.
> STREAMING POWERHOUSE
Play and browse all your movies, shows and music stored on your networked devices like NAS devices, Wi-Fi hard drive, Mac, PC, DLNA/UPnP apps like Plex and Kodi (XBMC) in most formats directly without conversion & syncing.
> BIG SCREEN CASTING
Fling your videos on big screens using Apple AirPlay & Google Cast with subtitles and high quality sound.
Download subtitles in real time (for free via opensubtitles.org) or add your own subtitle files in multiple languages.
“You can play almost any video format under the sun on your iPad/iPhone/iPod with the PlayerXtreme app.”
- Tech Radar
“PlayerXtreme can handle just about any file format you throw at it, which means that it can easily become your main video player.”
“5 Reasons That Makes PlayerXtreme the Best Video Player for iOS”
- Guiding Tech
"App Crawlr has awarded 9.9 ratings to PlayerXtreme Media Player."
- App Crawlr
“Quart Soft has rated PlayerXtreme in the Top 6 Free iOS Apps for Playing SD & HD Video.”
- Quart Soft
“The clarity and easy to use makes me want to always use this app”
- Player Xtreme user
“Very useful app. Highly recommended.!”
- Player Xtreme user
• Intuitive Video Posters based UI
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface option.
• Easy to organize your movie collection.
• New Navigation and search
• Download videos from networked devices
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your files via web browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Add files from your PC to your iPhone.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Big screens casting via AirPlay and Google Cast.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for all formats.
• Support SRT, SSA/ASS, SMI and many other subtitles in almost all languages.
• One-click subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle font size, track and language.
• Supports multiple audio tracks in a file.
• Boost volume upto 3 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Gesture Controls
• Continuous playback
• Industry standard HD Audio support
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
- Support for streaming on Roku
- User feedback incorporated
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent Movie Player
I liked that you can download movies various ways and give the movie an authentic movie poster icon in your library.
It also plays music flac files which you can organize into folders. Loading and storing music files is a two step process where you download the files and then move them to folders.
What I don’t like is that you can only display your files one way at a time. All your files are displayed the same way. Showing movies as poster icons is great but music files don’t have posters so you can’t really use the poster display if you want to store music files also. I just display everything as folders so I can read the names of songs.
Also, you have to be heads up to make sure the app isn’t running in the background. It will run your battery down to 0% in a couple of hours.
Purchased pro, but features promised are lackluster
**updating to 1 star, the devs do not respond to inquiries about the issue below and recent app updates have also not fixed this bug**
I purchased the pro version because I really liked how the free version worked, but I wanted more capabilities. I didn't even mind the ads in the free version. Mainly, I wanted the ability to use chromecast, which you can't use in the free version. However, when you are casting a video, you can't do anything else on your phone because it stops playback. I can't respond to a text, use other apps, or even TURN OFF THE SCREEN or else the playback completely stops. I don't think it's fair that I purchased a version that renders my phone useless while I'm casting from this app. I wouldn't have purchased if I knew this would happen. Other reviews haven't mentioned this problem, so I figured I'd warn other people. I'm more than willing to update with a better rating if the developers fix this issue. Fingers crossed!
Great feature set, wayy unpolished and buggy implementation
I came to PlayerXtreme because my previous media player, AVPlayer, didn't support enough audio formats. PlayerXtreme solves that problem. It plays everything.
But it does almost everything else worse.
(1) The app crashes on navigating into my SMB shares.
(2) Occasionally it has a weird interaction with my AirPods where it starts playing the audio from several files simultaneously, over top of the audio from the video you're currently watching, and the only way to stop it is the quit the app.
(3) The audio levels jump unexpectedly sometimes; I think related to its feature of allowing you to set the internal audio volume (in the app, separately from the iOS global volume setting) to greater than 100%.
(4) It has a really weird and annoying several-second silent gap that happens every time you lock or unlock the phone will watching something (with backgrounding enabled).
There are other issues too. I really want to love this app, since it plays the DD5.1 that AVPlayer can't handle and has much more sophisticated features for downloading content from the local network, but it breaks so much and is so rough around the edges that I am searching again for alternatives.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.