Just swipe and tap on the shapes to control the music flow in a fun and unique audio-visual experience. No musical knowledge is required to play: Rhythm and tones are guaranteed!
We collaborated with DJs, producers, beat makers like D-Styles, Rhettmatic, The BeatJunkies, 20Syl, Ugly MacBeer, and many others, to bring you the best musical experience available on iPhone and iPad.
⋆⋆⋆ Best of App Store 2016 ⋆⋆⋆
Played by more than a million people across the World!
// WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
* Remixing cool beats and jamming with DJs, beat makers and rappers is now easy as 1 2 3!
* If your creativity is blocked, Playground will help you to unleash your artistic potential in seconds.
* Invite a friend to jam, thanks to the 2 player mode.
* Stuck in a queue, an airport, a bus stop… simply bored? Playground will entertain you & time will fly.
* Are you a musician who has no time to play his instrument? You’re one step away from a memorable musical experience that will bring your musical instincts to heights.
* Want to bond with your children on a new level while having a great time together? Playground offers a unique experience for you and your loved ones.
* Be a Hero at any party!
// HOW IT WORKS
Select a PlayGround map that suits your style and swipe on the colored shapes. Feel the force and let the music flow. Thanks to our genius algorithm, rhythm and tones are guaranteed! If you feel like you’re in need of tutorials, we have an in-app guidance system (Show Paths), or you can watch our video tutorial on Playground’s YouTube channel.
// SHARE YOUR BEST TAKES, GET FEATURED
The app allows you to record your jams and share them on any social network or platform app on your phone. Share your best takes and tag us to get a chance to be featured on our social media accounts.
** For the best experience **
- Use headphones or a speaker
- DO NOT use Airplay or Bluetooth, they add lag that will ruin the experience
- Disable multitouch gestures in your device preferences to prevent jumping to another app by accident
• You can subscribe for unlimited access to our full catalog, unlocking every content for the duration of the subscription
• The subscriptions are $2,49 for a week, $3,99 for a month and $39,99 for a year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- updated quantize engine
- UI bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
More fun than a tub of gasoline!
What’s else is there to say about it!? Just look at at the reviews. Most people not only give it 4 or 5 stars, but they take their time to rant and rave...And then there are the haters. There’s always going to be a few,right? However, look at what the haters have to say: NOTHING! Barely complete sentences. they either fail to elaborate anything intelligent to make their case or a temporary glitch caused them to be unable to continue using the app that they would of given 5 stars to 364 days out of the year so they give it one star to get the companies attention to fix their problem immediately instead of just going straight to support. Oh yeah, I almost forgot: then there are those who think ten bucks a month is too much to pay for a music app that they’ll probably be using 25 days out of 30. So if you are the kind of person who would complain on a hot air ballon ride or the kind of people who shop for clothes where they buy their car batteries and groceries; then avoid this application... or as I like to call it-instrument
Very Organic and Natural
This is one of my favorite music creation apps to play with. I don’t have a trained musical background and I’m always impressed how natural this program feels to me. I like to play with DJ equipment and have for years. I did DJ a little bit when I was younger and I experiment a lot. I’m not a professional DJ, but I’ve definitely been playing around with music my whole life. I have made a few songs with this app and I’m always surprised and impressed with what I’m able to create. I also love that you can record things that you make and share them easily. Even just the free app is worth playing with. Anyway, this app really is an amazing invention and creation.
Bringing organic music to the iPad
Tons of fun "maps" set up with highly customized sound packs...played in time with the stroke of a finger (or more).
Like Lemurs customizable MIDI maps for us lazy folk...and there is even an Ableton MIDI contest.
This is the first app that has felt like I am making organic music with. The sounds are amazing and highly expressive. It maximizes space and pushes the limits of what you can do with a screen.
The only things I would love to see expanded is the looper feature (I would happily pay as an in app purchase if it were tweaked a tad), and IAA and AUv3 support (which I hear may be coming soon alongside some out of this world features like map editing!!)
If I don't want to put a project and template together in Ableton with Lemur, this has ALL the fun and versatility of the end product.
Thanks all. I REALLY love this app. As an experienced musician, I have hours of fun... And think that anyone could.
You truly created a new kind of instrument here like nothing I have seen!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- HLO S.A.
- 194.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 HLO S.A.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.