Imaging Edge Mobile is a free application that succeeds PlayMemories Mobile.
It allows images/videos to be transferred to a smartphone/tablet, enables remote shooting, and provides location information to images captured by a camera.
You can continue using the features/functions of PlayMemories Mobile with Imaging Edge Mobile.
■ Transfer images from a camera to a smartphone
- You can transfer images/videos.
- The selection and transfer of images after shooting are no longer needed as the automatic background transfer function allows images to be transferred to a smartphone as they are captured. *1
- High bit rate video files including 4K can be transferred. *2
- After transferring, you can immediately share your high quality images on social networks or through email.
*1 See here for supported cameras. Files are imported in 2MP size when using this function.
*2 See here for supported cameras. Availability of video transfer and playback varies depending on smartphone in use.
■ Remote shooting of a camera using a smartphone
- You can capture photos/videos remotely while checking the live view of a camera on a smartphone. *3
This is convenient for capturing night views or water flowing scenes which need long-exposure, or macro shooting in which you need to avoid to directly touch the camera.
*3 Models that support PlayMemories Camera Apps can use this feature by installing "Smart Remote Control" (in-camera app) on your camera in advance.
■ Record location information
- With cameras that have a location information linkage function, the location information acquired by the smartphone can be added to the captured image in your camera.
For supported models and detailed operation methods, see the support page below.
- Even with cameras that do not have a location information linkage function, it is possible to add location information acquired by your smartphone to the photos saved on your smartphone during remote shooting.
- Supported operating systems: iOS11.4-13.1
- This app is not guaranteed to work with all smartphones/tablets.
- Features/Functions available for this app vary depending on the camera you are using.
- For supported models and information on features/functions, see the support page below.
- Fixed an issue where remote shooting and image transmission cannot be used on iOS13 in certain regions.
- Fixed an issue where remote shooting and image transmission cannot be used on iOS13.
- Fixed an issue where multiple empty 'Imaging Edge Mobile' albums were created in some rare cases.
* Empty albums can be deleted from “To delete empty ‘Imaging Edge Mobile’ albums” in the Help/Instruction Manual of App
Ratings and Reviews
Unstable App Connection to Sony AX53 ?
I can fully connect and maintain High broadcast level WiFi from iPhone to Sony AX53. However this Application looses it? Takes many attempt to even connect to camera. When it finally connects you can use it for only 15 sec after executing a command then spinner starts and Then it times out and looses connection. However at the same time the WiFi connection at high level and is up and stable so I can only deduce that this application is unstable? This situation has happened consistently for dozens of times. Literally have spent hours trying everything with marginal results!
I have read all the FAQ and reset my network connection on my phone. Results are exactly the same -marginal connection by App?
I have a iPhone 7Plus running 13.2.3 (latest IOS)
At this point I give up as there is no way to work with anyone directly to solve this continuous problem. I hope someone at the App recognizes this problems and gets it stabilized soon ?!?
Works amazingly well
When I first bought my Sony RX100 V1 I could not for the life of me get this app and my camera to synchronize. After watching every video I finally complied a quality list of exactly the steps to get things working. The KEY to the whole procedure is to get the camera and the app to communicate with each other. Once you open your settings on your iPhone and click on WiFi you will see your regular home etc. WiFi Settings. Make sure your camera is on. It might take awhile but your camera WiFi setting will be entered into your list. Click on it and make sure once it takes over for your home WiFi it has to have a check on it. Immediately go to your app and make sure it’s opened. You will see what’s on your camera screen. You can then use your iPhone as a great remote. The procedure to get photos from your camera to your iPhone or iPod is different but the key is to make sure both are paired via WiFi. IT WORKS SEAMLESSLY except for videos. That’s another whole story. You must change specific settings in your camera menu and purchase a unit that can attach via usb to your camera’s charging cord and then into this new usb cord and that cord into your iPad via lightning connector.
This is Sony’s weakest link. Updated
I’m a professional photographer who switched over to Sony after shooting with another brand for 16 years. I love all the features of my Sony mirrorless cameras, but sometimes I need to be in the photos. My old camera brand had a great iPhone app where I could set the ISO, F-stop, shutter speed and focus point manually on any camera in the family. Imagine my surprise that when paring my top of the line 42MP camera to play memories mobile, I found it to be next to useless. No adjustment of anything except for being able to put it in the timer mode. You can’t change any other manual function and if you leave your camera in auto focus, it might even grab the wrong spot. Sony gets an F on this one at least with the iPhone.
Update. After looking at another app that prompted me to upgrade the app in my camera, everything magically started to work as it should. I wish my phone app would have alerted me to this miss match. New grade B+
- Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc.
- 59.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 - 2019 Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.