PlayOff allows you to start playing music on one device, like your iPhone, then continue without missing a beat on another, like your Mac. It finds the song playing (and its position) on your other devices and picks up where you left off. It's like Handoff, but for music!
PlayOff works with both your local iTunes library and your iCloud Music Library.
- Continue playing a song you started playing on one of your devices.
- iPad support
- Go beyond a single song and continue an entire playlist.
- Automatically switch audio output (like AirPods)
*Upcoming feature list subject to change.
PlayOff requires the iTunes to be installed.
- Fixed an issue where nothing would play on devices not set to English.
- Fixed a crash when trying to pair devices.
- Fixed an issue where PlayOff would load indefinitely - particularly when trying to continue a track streamed from Apple Music.
Thanks as always for using PlayOff! Feel free to send me an email at email@example.com for help and feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Fills a need
Why isn't Handoff enabled with Music by default? This app does a great job of providing a solution to something that Apple overlooked.
The MacOS app is a little buggy but outside of a couple of hickups, it runs just fine.
fill in a need
very good app a lilly buggy on mac but out side of that very good
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.