Watch your favorite stars in some of their greatest roles on us! Plex gives you access to thousands of movies and shows—including documentaries, Bollywood musicals and more. No special equipment, subscription or special tech skills needed (popcorn and snacks highly recommended.) Simply sign-in to Plex to start watching. Discover dozens of new collections or make one of your own. It’s no risk all reward.
With the free Plex Media Server on your home computer, you can add your own video, music, and photo libraries to our free content and instantly stream them to your all your devices. You can also watch and record FREE over-the-air broadcast TV, including major networks with a compatible tuner and antenna. Try Plex FREE!
Add-on a TIDAL subscription to enjoy over 60 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos that instantly augment your personal media collection. And with our Tunefind integration, you can generate playlists on the fly based on the specific episode or movie you’re watching.
• Free content streamed from movies studios from around the world.
• Oscar winning movies, Anime, Bollywood musicals - it’s all here!
• Magically organize all your personal media—photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV—and stream it to any device in a beautiful, simple interface, and Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information
• Enjoy music streaming from TIDAL, including over 60 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos; augment your existing library or just listen to TIDAL—right in Plex
• Search for your favorite podcast or discover new ones through personalized recommendations. Plus: 30 second skip, variable speed playback, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status (including On Deck, so you can pick back up where you left off on any device)
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, at home or away, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner
• Enjoy free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, see your media beautifully enhanced with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: DVR & Live TV, Camera Upload, Premium Photos, Mobile Sync, Parental Controls, VIP Perks, and much more
Want to use Plex on all of your devices, any time, anywhere? Visit https://www.plex.tv/ for more information.
NOTE: Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher (available for free at https://plex.tv/downloads) installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders not supported.
- Show user avatars next to servers on the More screen.
- App would crash when casting Web Shows to some other devices.
- Disabled sources could be incorrectly shown on the More screen.
- Fixed a crash on iOS 9.
- Fixed an issue where titles in the player could be cropped unnecessarily.
- Fixed crash with Enhanced Video Player when the video contains tracks with non-UTF-8 titles.
- Fixed the skip forward button on the iPad mini player.
- Fixes an issue where the player interface could break when returning from the Play Queue.
- Improve browsing performance when the user has a lot of scheduled DVR recordings.
- Message on loading screens would sometimes get wrongly cropped.
- Music wouldn't resume when playback is paused because audio output device changed (e.g. headphones disconnected).
- Removing a managed user left some records of the user.
- Search results couldn't be added to an ongoing Play Queue.
- Show error screen when the Live TV Guide gets no data from PMS.
- Skip preplay when selecting currently airing items on the EPG.
- Sometimes the app would increase power consumption when having trouble to connect to a Plex Media Server.
- The app as remote controller would show the wrong duration while playing ads.
- The app would sometimes crash when searching.
- The playlists page now updates correctly when adding and deleting playlists.
- Volume slider wouldn't work with Chromecast.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Plex is the beat
I love Plex for it’s beautiful organization and easy to use interface. Having almost all my media in one place has always been the dream and Plex has done that for me (for about 80% - still missing native audiobook support and support for eBooks). Having full control of my own personal media cloud and server has been incredible. The movie and show ratings from Rotten Tomato are awesome and being able to watch a trailer of something is convenient if someone wants a quick synopsis. I love being able to put all our childhood videos converted from VHS on my own cloud and give access to my family to see any of the embarrassing and amazing home videos anytime.
***DEVS: Would love to see a audio only version for Apple Watch for streaming or offline usage to listen to podcasts, music, audiobooks - Audible does this now which has been amazing. Being able to listen to Plex media with only a watch and bluetooth headphones would be a game changer. Also native audiobook support and support for eBooks would basically round out any media needs I could possible want to have in one app!
Love what the Plex teams does and always looking to see what they’ve recently added. More than happy to be a part of the Plex Pass Lifetime member. Keep up the amazing work!
Local server connections
I have always had trouble with the iOS versions of this app, even though I’m only connecting to a local server. The app on my Roku has no difficulty connecting to the same server. It is extremely frustrating. I am now completely unable to connect to the server from my iPad, despite having tried logging out and back into the app, logging out and using a wait list of local network connection, deleting the app and re-downloading it, deleting all three instances of the iPad app from my list of allowed devices in my account, etc. For some inexplicable reason, my Plex account has now decided that my iPad app is also a server, so some of the other client apps now list two entries for my iPad as servers.
Also, when my home Internet isn’t working and I can’t go online, even though my Plex server is on the same local network/router as Plex app on my phone, iPad, and TV, none of them are able to access the server. They all say that the server is unavailable. My SMB file sharing on the same Mac at the Plex server works fine, so it’s not a problem with my local network. I would think that playing files in Plex over the local network would not be affected by an Internet outage…
I’ve had so many problems with the iOS apps that I don’t see how the people at Plex hope to entice me to purchase a subscription when I can’t even really use the features that a subscription affords. The app is nice when it works, but far too often it doesn’t really work.
Great App! But What is With The Issues?
I have been a PlexPass member for years now and I couldn’t be happier. However, lately playback has been terrible. For example, if I shuffle anything a CD, a playlist, my library whatever I get this weird issue where two songs will just start playing at once. To fix it I usually have to stop the track(s) and either skip back a track or skip forward. Then one of the two songs will play properly. In addition, sometimes when I go to play a song in a playlist or CD (anything with multiple tracks) sometimes the track will not play. It will instead skip right to the next song and no matter what I do it will not play. The track is fine though because I can play it by accessing the file directly (not through Plex). Lastly, ever since this offline browsing thing was introduced it has been glitchy. If I want to access my files on my server I usually have to toggle it on and off a few times before my library will show up. It works the same for if I want to access tracks synced on my phone too. Love the thought of being able to toggle, but has to be a better way. What ever happened to just clicking in the upper left corner?
- Plex Inc.
- 250.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Plex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices) $4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass $4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.