Stream it your way with Plex. 1000s of free movies and TV shows from filmmakers around the globe, with big hits from Crackle, Warner Brothers, MGM, Lionsgate and more! From Bollywood to Hollywood, Cannes to Japan. Classics. Animation. Family-friendly content. Documentaries. Stream music, podcasts, news, live TV and more to all your devices, wherever you are.
Master your Mediaverse. Stream free movies and TV shows plus all your personal video, music, and photo collections as well as your preferred podcasts, web shows, and online news to all of your devices.
• Stream 1000s of FREE movies and TV shows from filmmakers around the world. From Oscar™ award-winning movies to Anime, Bollywood musicals, documentaries, family-friendly shows, and much, much more.
• Magically organize all your personal media—photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV—and stream it to any device in a beautiful, simple interface; Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information .
• Search for your favorite podcast or discover new ones through personalized recommendations. Plus: 30 second skip, variable speed playback, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status (including On Deck, so you can pick back up where you left off on any device) .
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US .
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, at home or away, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner .
• Enjoy music streaming from TIDAL, including 59 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos; augment your existing library or just listen to TIDAL—right in Plex .
Visit our site for more information.
Note: If you have a Plex Pass or you’ve already purchased the app through the App Store, you do NOT need to purchase again! Your previous purchase will be automatically detected. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders are not supported.
- You can now invite someone to be a friend without also needing to share a personal library with them.
- Fix black screen using HDMI out with the Enhanced Video Player.
- Fixed an issue that could cause hub scroll positions to be lost when reloading.
- Fixed an issue where context menus could get stuck on screen.
- Friend request push notifications wouldn't have a clear message.
- Sometimes ad info is displayed before the ad is actually played.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Local server connections
I have always had trouble with the iOS versions of this app, even though I’m only connecting to a local server. The app on my Roku has no difficulty connecting to the same server. It is extremely frustrating. I am now completely unable to connect to the server from my iPad, despite having tried logging out and back into the app, logging out and using a wait list of local network connection, deleting the app and re-downloading it, deleting all three instances of the iPad app from my list of allowed devices in my account, etc. For some inexplicable reason, my Plex account has now decided that my iPad app is also a server, so some of the other client apps now list two entries for my iPad as servers.
Also, when my home Internet isn’t working and I can’t go online, even though my Plex server is on the same local network/router as Plex app on my phone, iPad, and TV, none of them are able to access the server. They all say that the server is unavailable. My SMB file sharing on the same Mac at the Plex server works fine, so it’s not a problem with my local network. I would think that playing files in Plex over the local network would not be affected by an Internet outage…
I’ve had so many problems with the iOS apps that I don’t see how the people at Plex hope to entice me to purchase a subscription when I can’t even really use the features that a subscription affords. The app is nice when it works, but far too often it doesn’t really work.
Plex is the beat
I love Plex for it’s beautiful organization and easy to use interface. Having almost all my media in one place has always been the dream and Plex has done that for me (for about 80% - still missing native audiobook support and support for eBooks). Having full control of my own personal media cloud and server has been incredible. The movie and show ratings from Rotten Tomato are awesome and being able to watch a trailer of something is convenient if someone wants a quick synopsis. I love being able to put all our childhood videos converted from VHS on my own cloud and give access to my family to see any of the embarrassing and amazing home videos anytime.
***DEVS: Would love to see a audio only version for Apple Watch for streaming or offline usage to listen to podcasts, music, audiobooks - Audible does this now which has been amazing. Being able to listen to Plex media with only a watch and bluetooth headphones would be a game changer. Also native audiobook support and support for eBooks would basically round out any media needs I could possible want to have in one app!
Love what the Plex teams does and always looking to see what they’ve recently added. More than happy to be a part of the Plex Pass Lifetime member. Keep up the amazing work!
Great App! But What is With The Issues?
I have been a PlexPass member for years now and I couldn’t be happier. However, lately playback has been terrible. For example, if I shuffle anything a CD, a playlist, my library whatever I get this weird issue where two songs will just start playing at once. To fix it I usually have to stop the track(s) and either skip back a track or skip forward. Then one of the two songs will play properly. In addition, sometimes when I go to play a song in a playlist or CD (anything with multiple tracks) sometimes the track will not play. It will instead skip right to the next song and no matter what I do it will not play. The track is fine though because I can play it by accessing the file directly (not through Plex). Lastly, ever since this offline browsing thing was introduced it has been glitchy. If I want to access my files on my server I usually have to toggle it on and off a few times before my library will show up. It works the same for if I want to access tracks synced on my phone too. Love the thought of being able to toggle, but has to be a better way. What ever happened to just clicking in the upper left corner?
- Plex Inc.
- 142.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Plex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices) $4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass $4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.