** You'll need a Plex Media Server and an active Plex Pass to use this app **
** From the same people who brought you the Plex app **
** PS - If you’re new to Plex, download the Plex app first **
Plexamp is the answer to the question "what would happen if you gave a handful of Plex music and pixel nerds a few cocktails and free rein to create the app of their dreams?"
Plexamp is a beautiful, dedicated Plex music player with tons of goodies for audiophile purists, music curators, and music fans of all ages looking for their next aural fix.
SUPER AUDIO PLAYER
Loudness leveling, true gapless playback, Sweet Fades™, soft transitions, a configurable preamp, a parametric EQ, and more. Perfection for golden ears, buttery smooth touches for the rest of us. Custom pre-caching so your music keeps playing, because sometimes life brings you through tunnels.
MUSIC TO YOUR EYES
Experience your music collection like you’ve never seen it before, with our UltraBlur backgrounds, over a dozen hypnotic visualizers, and four visual themes to satisfy every taste.
FIND YOUR FIX
Radios built from your library and your cooler friends' collections. Travel through time, pick a style or mood, or listen album-by-album like the purist you are. Use the Mix Builder to explore and craft your perfect blend. Explore your personal charts and see what you were into last Fall or your top albums from the 60s.
Grab a few hours of your favorite playlist or stations with just a few taps. Download a custom mix or artist radio for the plane. Simple but powerful offline support for when you’re in the woods or run out of cellular data.
IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS
Powerful search. Playback activity history. Swipe-up play queue peeking. Fun artist explorations. As many settings and tweaks as our resident UXpert let us add.
ENTERPRISE CLASS CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Just kidding. It's a music player.
Follow us on Twitter @plexamp
- Brand new networking stack
- Improved reliability/speed.
- Cancelling downloads works better.
- Better memory usage.
- Works offline.
- Works with DNS rebind protection.
- Resilient to invalid UTF-8 in responses.
- iOS: Match offline items with Siri play command.
- Browsing into downloads.
- Play next/Add to queue for offline play queues (downloaded and server items).
- Play next/Add to queue for offline items in server play queues.
- Add larger cache size values (32GB, 64GB).
- Long press on AutoPlay item activates it.
- Add artist rating to smart playlist filters.
- New larger grid size setting.
- Smart playlist icon overlay.
- A "search all libraries" setting.
- A background colors setting which pulls from currently playing item.
- Tapping/clicking on year on album page leads to album grid.
- iOS: Crash when deleting something in the middle of downloading.
- iOS: Wait for navigation to complete before rendering data, reduces jank.
- iOS: Improve enabling/disabling of next button in control center.
- iOS: Fix a case where ending a phone call didn't resume audio.
- iOS: Fix a few failures to resume playback.
- iOS: Siri play command obeys search setting for all/single library.
- iOS: Playing something twice in a row resulted in no control center artwork.
- iPad: Make narrow layouts show play queue in player.
- iPad: Improve layouts in side-by-side and slide over.
- iPad: Make sure we notice background orientation changes.
- The "Refresh Downloads" setting was broken (always on).
- Audible glitch at end of some AIFF files.
- Play Next / Add to Queue menu actions for downloads.
- Downloads of multiple items with overlapping tracks wouldn't complete.
- Fix downloads from collection et. al. library action bar.
- Respect limits when downloading regular playlists.
- Improve layout of playlist popup for small sizes.
- Make sure downloaded artwork is at full size.
- Allow casting popup to shrink horizontally a bit more.
- Group/de-dupe popular tracks for recommended track area.
- When playing from artist popular tracks, de-dupe based on title.
- Aural Fixation play action was broken.
- Header text was clipped on album page with non-standard font sizes.
- Don't generate a next album for V/A albums.
- When downloaded items refresh offline, don't show spinner.
- Improve some settings text.
- Increase chromecast connection timeout to 20 seconds.
- Album screen wasn't showing TIDAL recommendations.
- Tapping/clicking on list item quickly could lead to duplicate screens.
- A few reported crashes.
- Deleting tracks from playlists wasn't working.
- Detect a few more errors when casting.
- Fix swipe-to-delete appearing on all track lists.
- Crash on Mix Builder actions in Recent Plays.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent but needs repeat
Great app, supports FLAC when locally connected, great visualizer, and clean. It NEEEEEEDS a repeat option though. It is an insanely simple option to add to bring it in line with every other music player available (aside for dumb streaming “radio” apps that don’t let you do anything but skip forward). These are my files and I should be able to listen to them EXACTLY how I want to, and if that means listening to one album or one song over and over, then so be it. Especially since I have a 6 year old son and often times it’s him that wants a single song over and over. I can’t do it with Plexamp. It is the only reason I take off a star and the only reason I don’t use this app exclusively on every platform. Because I can’t be bothered to look down 6 times to start the song over when I’m driving him to swim lessons, it’s not safe. It would be utterly perfect with a repeat option. It is astounding they haven’t added it yet or why it would EVER be left out in the first place. Please fix it and you’ll get 5 stars. 10 stars! 100!
Update: latest update added a section for you to go through all your artist, tracks, albums, etc, and gave alphabetical side scrolling!!! As I’ve used the app I’ve noticed when trying to not use any data, the app can act real weird. For instance if you turn of cellular data access to the app, and if you go off WiFi, you cannot scroll through any of your music. You can only shuffle the playlists you have downloaded, and you cannot scroll through those song’s, only play them. Please let us scroll through our music offline if we have downloaded the music. Also please let us download our library easier. Had to make 4 playlists and download them separately in order to get whole library downloaded. Not ideal. It would also be nice to set the new library page as your default when opening the app.
Love it’s functionality and ability to adjust eq on an iOS device. Though I would really enjoy being able to adjust shuffle and repeat on the fly, just like every music app does. This on its own is why I can’t give it 5 stars.
Also would be nice for the “All Music” option at the top to be a little bigger for easier selection.
Decent but needs tweaks
Similar to when I use plex to play music from the default app or on the TV it needs to have a repeat all or repeat single button, and it needs to remember your setting even if you close the app. It drives me nuts having to always turn it back on every time I would launch the normal Plex app. By default I think the preamp, loudness equalization, clipping help features should be turned off by default and we can go in and tweak those. I’d love the ability to edit the home to remove things like the radio and such. Last but not least once I select the album and it’s showing me the songs on said album I don’t want to have to click a song and then click play to play the song, just immediately play when I click it, no need to confirm what I’d like to do. Not trying to bash on what has been done here. I love seeing Plex take this new step with a dedicated music app. Been a Plex user for about 8 years and it has made media playback in the home so incredibly simple and I cannot praise that enough. Keep up the amazing work guys.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! If you go set 1-Tap Track Plays in advanced settings you'll get one fo your wishes immediately :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Plex Labs, Inc.
- 38.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Plex, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.