Plan your books the way you think. Outline faster, organize smarter, and focus your creativity with the visual book planning software enjoyed by thousands of writers.
“Plottr is an amazing program that has become an integral part of my planning and record keeping process.”
- Celia Kyle, NY Times & USAT Bestselling Romance Author
“Plottr is my go-to software when I’m writing a new series. The ease of use is a major selling point for me.”
- Michael Anderle, Amazon Bestselling UF & Sci-Fi Author | Founder, 20Booksto50k®
“The Best Outline Software for Productivity” - Kindlepreneur
VISUALIZE YOUR PLOT POINTS
Easily arrange (and rearrange) your scenes, plots, and character arcs so you can quickly find your way to the end of your tale — no corkboard required.
CREATE YOUR STORY BIBLE
Can’t remember the name of the diner in Chapter 3 — or where the diner is? Don’t waste time combing through old notes and index cards. Track your characters and places with Plottr.
AUTOMATE YOUR OUTLINES
Want to see your entire story at a glance? Plottr automatically generates a clean outline of your story for you to review, edit, and export as the basis of your manuscript.
START WITH PROVEN TEMPLATES (DESKTOP ONLY)
You don’t have to start from scratch. Plottr comes with over a dozen templates (and counting) based on proven storytelling structures to help move your story from idea to execution.
EXPORT AND GET WRITING (DESKTOP ONLY)
The fun is just beginning. Once you've finished outlining your story, Plottr makes it easy to start writing — just export your files and let your creative muscles get to work!
Plot from Anywhere
* Plan your books on the go with Plottr for iPhone and iPad
* Sync your files on iOS with Plottr’s desktop application by saving them on a cloud-* hosting service (e.g. iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive)
Timeline (iPad Only)
* Drag & drop your scene cards, chapters, and plotlines to arrange your story
* Create scene cards to describe the key moments in your book
* Organize your story by chapters (default), beats, scenes, days, or however you’d like
* Track individual storylines, subplots, character arcs, and more
* Color-coordinate your plotlines
* View an automatically generated outline based on your Timeline configuration
* Edit your scene card details
* Drag & drop your scene cards to customize your outline
* Keep all your notes in one place
* Build your world and brainstorm what's important to your story
* Create full character bios customized to your story
* Add as many characters as you need
* Save all the important details of your locations so you can easily reference them when writing
* Add as many places as you need
* Create tags to organize elements that are relevant to your book planning process
* Color-coordinate your tags
* Tag ideas: themes, emotions, special items, to-do’s, writing stages, POVs
* Writing a series? Organize all of your books in one place
* Create a timeline and outline for the series as well as each individual title
HAVE A QUESTION?
Your feedback and support means everything to us. If you enjoy Plottr for iOS, please take a moment to leave us a review :)
Ratings and Reviews
Good Desktop Supplement
I’ve been using this app since Plottr Pro launched and haven’t had a single sync issue with desktop (outside of a few text formatting issues.)
I use this app on my tiny iphone to take notes on the go, and I do the bulk of my plotting on a Windows desktop.
The app is imperfect. Glitches have come and gone. Text formatting I do on Windows often gets stripped out, like removing line breaks and colored text. Actually, no colored text at all on mobile.
But the app works! And nothing critical has happened to my work. Plottr doesn’t have the best GUI, but my plotting gets done, and that’s all the matters at the and of the day. With this program I can get back to what Really love, writing and editing novels. Plottr makes the painful first step of plotting a little easier.
Buggy. Not useable. Do not buy.
Several people have already complained about not being able to navigate the board and end up just selecting and moving items. I see there are even some complaints about this from a year ago. The same problems exist, and this app should be pulled from the App Store until the fundamental bugs have been worked out. I tried using my finger and my Apple Pencil to navigate the board. No success with either. This app also corrupted one of my projects. Fortunately, it only renamed it to some weird string, and no data was lost. Both the iPad app and the desktop app on the macOS are buggy. But the iPad app takes the cake. Plottr is probably one of the worst apps I’ve seen on the iPad. It’s a shame, too, because Plottr has massive potential. I will continue using the app on the desktop, submit bug reports, and work around all the bugs until they’re fixed. But I will not renew my annual subscription if there are no significant improvements over the coming year. It’s a shame. As someone already said a great program but a terrible app. This is not Candy Crush, this is suppose to be pro software.
Like but Needs Work
I am enjoying plotting and character development aspects so far. However, it has crashed on me several times and every time I try to figure out how to export my outline to Word or Scrivener, I cannot figure it out. All the videos seem to cater to the desktop version. It is also hard to scroll through your timeline on an iPad. It just tries to move things around instead of moving forward in time.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fictional Devices LLC
- 28.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Fictional Devices LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Plottr Mobile Monthly $1.99
- Plottr Mobile Yearly $14.99