Plan B Media is the publisher of PLUguide (PLU as in ‘People Like Us’) and PLUTO Magazine in China, Hong kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand. PLUguide established since 2004.
PLUguide is a print and online guide for GLBTQ and features locations and events in major cities in Asia. Being the only printed gay guide in many countries in Asia, PLUguide is the most effective way to tap into the “pink dollar”. We have printed and distributed more than ten million copies throughout Asia.
Official website ; www.pluguide.com
PLUguide was founded by Lawrence Chia who saw the need and viability of a free PLU map in Singapore when he had many friends asking him for directions to PLU venues. A survey was conducted and the feedback from the PLU business owners was positive.
The first PLUguide Singapore was released in April 2004 with much support from the Singapore PLU business owners. It was published bi-monthly and by the third issue, the PLU community in Singapore had one way or another heard about PLUguide. Demand for the guide grew with some issues subsequently going out of print.
With such overwhelming success, PLUguide decided to spread its wings. The first step in regional expansion was in August 2004 with the release of the first issue of PLUguide Malaysia. Starting with only Kuala Lumpur, the second issue grew with the inclusion of Johor Bahru and subsequently, Penang in the third issue.
In April 2005, PLUguide Thailand - Bangkok was introduced in Thailand to cool reception due to aggressive competition from similar local PLU publications. However with its unique cosmopolitan look, it finally won over the hearts of the Bangkok PLU community.
But all was not a bed of roses, the first issue of PLUguide Thailand - Phuket was released in October 2005. Unfortunately, it was to be the first and only issue mainly due to the effect of the tsunami in December 2004 to the Phuket tourism industry. After much consideration, the publication of PLUguide Thailand - Phuket was ceased.
In line with expansion plans, PLUguide Hong Kong was released in February 2006 followed by PLUguide Taiwan in October 2006. By then, PLUguide had reached 5 countries with more editions in the pipeline. But publishing too many different editions was not a viable option. Out of necessity, the idea of compiling all the countries into one concise edition emerged. Thus, a PLU mobile app was conceived with the intention to inform, entertain and ultimately, provide a showcase of the Asia PLU community from an Asian perspective.
Certainly, PLU mobile app is a new era for PLUguide with many more good things in store for the future.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Version 2.2 Update :
1) able to send report pbook without selection of reason solved
2) reported popup box remove report button
3) client details top and big image, no space below
4) client layout description full alignment
5) re-arrange client detail layout with taxi button moved below description
6) category apostrophe and spacing issues
7) image not update problem solved
8) client details pbook height wrong
9) client detail address and opening hour bold
10) account tap for details show
11) crash setting update mobile number solved
12) add country code on phone input
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Chia Mun tong
- 60.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- ©2004 - 2017 PLUguide.com. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.