Pneumonia Guide distills and organizes the guidance found in the 2016, 2011, and 2007 American Thoracic Society & Infectious Disease Society of America guidelines on management of Community Acquired Pneumonia, Healthcare Associated Pneumonia, and Hospital Acquired Pneumonia and the 2011 IDSA Pediatric Community Acquired Pneumonia guideline.
The app addresses such common questions as:
* what criteria are useful in deciding which community acquired pneumonia patients should be hospitalized?
* what are those three big-gun antibiotics for adult hospital acquired pneumonia, and what are the alternatives for those with medication allergies?
* how long should antibiotics be continued?
* exactly which pneumonia cases are considered to be hospital acquired?
* which community acquired pneumonia patients require coverage for resistant organisms?
* which hospitalized patients should be in the ICU?
* which antibiotics are appropriate initial therapy for children with pneumonia?
This app is written and intended for practicing clinicians like family physicians, internists, pediatricians, ER docs, and hospitalists; for resident physician trainees; and for medical students. As an educator and clinician, I am interested in feedback and I would be grateful for guidance on improving the tool.
Ratings and Reviews
This is really not an App! It is just a poor and incomplete "package" of the Pneumonia Guidelines. Not even well structured. No processing capabilities at all. Let's not confuse between "packaging" some info and publishing it as an App, and "a real" App.
Developer Response ,
All of my apps help clinicians find information needed to provide care. However, none provide answers. They are all educational. They help a clinician find answers and learn a thinking approach along the way.
Another awesome app
I have 2 other apps by Dr. Steinberg (ABG and Warfarin apps) and this one is right up there with them. Dr. Steinberg's apps are concise and to the point which what you need in a reference guide. I have found all 3 apps to be incredibly useful as I work towards my Nurse Practitioner certification.
Great tool, thanks!
- Joshua D. steinberg
- 2.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Joshua Steinberg MD, Eric Scagnelli, Patrick Madden, & HeeRak Kang MSIV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.