Easily generate APNG files (Animated Portable Network Graphics).
APNG is like animated GIFs, but supports 24-bit images and 8-bit transparency (not available for GIFs).
- load your sequence of image files (drag and drop files and folder);
- load a video and capture directly the frames;
- change the order of the frames dragging the frame;
- set the delay between each frame;
- set the loop's counter (0 = forever);
- change the duration of the selected frames;
- resize all your frames at chosen dimension;
- set the default duration (on loading);
- change the background color of preview;
- check the total duration;
- preview your animation;
- choose the compression type (none, zlib, 7zip, zopfli);
- export the file (with .png extension) and display it with browsers that support APNG format.
Note: the file must be saved with .png extension (not .apng)
Now you can compress the apng file (zlib, 7zip, zopfli)
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, could use some tweaks
Ok, this app isn’t perfect but it’s very usable and a huge time saver for me. I would love to see a delete all button to wipe out all currently added images and maybe a way to batch process multiple folders would be AMAZING. Heck, I would pay for it again for this functionality!!
Animation plays back choppy (fixed)
I was getting a delay between each frame no matter if I set 0 delay for each frame. As it turns out, you can set the total duration of the animation by highlighting all the frames, entering a value next to Change Selected (use multiple decimal places if necessary) then click Change Selected. After that, look at the top left to see total animation Duration. Keep adjusting decimal value to get the total Duration you need. This, in effect, makes it playback smooth.
Developer Response ,
Can you be more precise? Can you send me your apng to investigate the issue? Thanks
A ”MUST HAVE TOOL”!
For some reason, Apple’s native Xcode 9.0 doesn’t play the animation if I have more than 6 frames of images in an animation sequence.
This app helps me tremedously with making production quality animated stickers for the iMessages, and importing the sequence as a single file into XCode works like a charm!
Thank you to the developer as this makes my life a lot easier!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Giuseppe Cigala
- 1.5 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Giuseppe Cigala
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.