PNG Animator is an application which allows you to easily generate APNG files (Animated Portable Network Graphics).
APNG is like animated GIFs, but supports 24-bit images and 8-bit transparency (not available for GIFs).
- load your sequence of image files (drag and drop support);
- change the order of the frames (dragging the file or selecting the file name column to order them);
- set the delay between each frame;
- change the frame name;
- set the loop's counter (0 = forever);
- change the duration of the selected frames;
- set the default duration (on loading);
- change the background color of preview;
- check the total duration;
- preview your animation;
- compress the resulting png (zlib, 7zip, zopfli);
- save the file (with .png extension) and display it with browsers that support APNG format.
Note: the file must be saved with .png extension (not .apng).
Now you can select the file name column to order the frames
Ratings and Reviews
Animation plays back choppy (fixed)
I was getting a delay between each frame no matter if I set 0 delay for each frame. As it turns out, you can set the total duration of the animation by highlighting all the frames, entering a value next to Change Selected (use multiple decimal places if necessary) then click Change Selected. After that, look at the top left to see total animation Duration. Keep adjusting decimal value to get the total Duration you need. This, in effect, makes it playback smooth.
Developer Response ,
Can you be more precise? Can you send me your apng to investigate the issue? Thanks
A ”MUST HAVE TOOL”!
For some reason, Apple’s native Xcode 9.0 doesn’t play the animation if I have more than 6 frames of images in an animation sequence.
This app helps me tremedously with making production quality animated stickers for the iMessages, and importing the sequence as a single file into XCode works like a charm!
Thank you to the developer as this makes my life a lot easier!
Works perfectly! Now I can just wish for dark mode support for the newly released macOS Mojave. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.