Drag and drop PNG images from Finder into the app to reduce their files sizes. This tool is an excellent GUI wrapper around command line tools for PNG compression.
Why do you need PNG Compressor:
✔ Optimize graphics on your website for faster loading and saving the bandwidth
✔ Reduce file sizes of pictures to lower hosting costs
✔ Compress bitmaps in your iPhone or Mac app bundles
✔ Replace console tools like pngcrush, optipng, advpng and pngout with a native Mac app.
• Improved General and Advanced preference panes
• A new preference pane Queue for command line tools
• Quick Look panel for previewing selected images
• Displaying of total savings in the status bar
• A contextual menu in the list view
• New preferences for text size and savings in the list view
• Support for “silent” compression when you drag an image into the Dock
• A new option to compress images in any folder automatically
• Press and hold the Shift key on launch to reset all preferences
• Completed images are cleaned up automatically on quit
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very little compression
I have a Photoshop plugin that compresses to about 85% without significant loss of quality, but it’s slow and crashes frequently. This is inconvenient, being that I have thousands of files. This compressor only takes off a few kb (about 5%). Yes so, to reviewer ToNekat, my files we’re not compressed and this app did little.
Great app, ignore bad reviews
I use Photoshop Elements and it doesn't do ANY compression when it saves PNG files, so the resulting files are laughably big--often several TIMES bigger than they need to be.
Before using this app, I would re-open the files in GIMP one-by-one and re-save them to compress them, which is awkward and time-consuming. Now that I have this app, I can compress files in seconds. Kudos to the developer for making such an effective and easy-to-use app.
To all the people complaining that it doesn't compress your files, did it ever occur to you that maybe they're already correctly compressed?
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your support!
This simple little, easy-to-use program saved my job!! When I switched over to Photoshop CC, they left something out of the program that compresses PNG files! There is no fix, so I went in search of something as 90% of my work is PNG files. Seriously, this program reduces these images to where they need to be. LOVE it! I hope you never stop updating.
I don't know why some have problems, but that's true with everything. Sometimes there's other programs that can interfere. Otherwise, this works and I HIGHLY recommend it!
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot!
The developer, Vadim Shpakovski, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vadim Shpakovski
- 948.8 KB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.6.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2011 Shpakovski
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.