Take your Microsoft Access databases with you on the go with the DataGlass Mobile Database Client for Access! Search, edit, and create records in your database using DataGlass on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Take an interactive tour of the app at: http://www.impathic.com/access
Microsoft Access is the most popular desktop database in the world, and now you can utilize the full power of Access from your mobile device! DataGlass is the only app that can read your MS Access database directly on your iPhone or iPad without any additional complex desktop or server software setup.
With DataGlass Access, users on the go can use their iPhone or iPad to perform tasks like:
• Present reports on the iPad during client meetings
• Track lab test results
• Add and edit research notes while out in the field
• Check in attendees onsite for an event
• Run sales reports while at a customer site
• Respond to hotel guest requests from anywhere on the property
• Run inventory checks from the warehouse floor
• Track shipping and receiving activities
From DBAs and IT professionals that need to run ad-hoc queries, to executives who need immediate access to their raw data, to analysts who need to build and execute sophisticated reports, to sales personnel who need to update their data on the go, DataGlass is the only app you will need to connect you directly to with the data that is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise.
• Compatible with Microsoft Access databases from versions 97, 2000, 2002 2007, and 2010
• An unlimited number of databases can be simultaneously managed by DataGlass
• Transfer databases from your desktop computer using iTunes file sharing, or by mailing your database to yourself as an attachment
• Export your raw data to Numbers, Mail, or CSV files for inclusion in external reports
• Print the results of your queries directly from your printer-enabled iOS device
• Build and execute sophisticated queries spanning multiple tables using the innovative Query Designer, or enter custom SQL
• Note that forms are not supported in this release
• Visit http://support.impathic.com to make feature suggestions or report problems
• Fixed issue with inability to scroll while editing record on iPad
• Fixed issue with settings window and help page on iPad
• Fix for errors with SMALLINT fields
• Fix for crash when selecting the SQL Editor
• Fix for "network not reachable" error when connecting from an IPv6 network
• Fix for disappearing fields when editing in landscape mode
• Fix for eventual memory error when frequently updating records
• 64-bit support
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to get your database now
When I first started this, the process for getting your database was complicated and you had to go though that each time you added records. So I didn’t use the app much. The ability to update via Dropbox has solved that.
I actually keep the database on OneDrive. Can you connect the app direct with that? Though not at all hard to get the file from OneDrive to Dropbox to the app. A frog on lily pads, but it works
This app is surprisingly useful considering how complex an Access Database can be. I can edit or create records then save to the cloud as a different file, then verify accuracy when I return to my PC. So far no unpleasant surprises. It even continues the same auto number sequence in tables when creating records.
I needed this app so I bought it, $10.
Crashes often. One messed up click and it has to repopulate the entire list. Sometimes the app will stay open for days without issue. Other times it will have to be reloaded 2 times in 5 minutes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.