Blu-ray™ just got a whole lot better! Introducing ‘pocket BLU™’, the perfect utility application to compliment your Blu-ray™ movie watching experience.
Works with any pocket BLU™ enabled Blu-ray™ disc (including Tower Heist, Cowboys & Aliens, Fast Five, Despicable Me, Robin Hood, Get Him to the Greek, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Jurassic Park, Bridesmaids, The Office, X-Men, House, Black Swan, and Rio), together with a PS3™ or other Internet-connected Blu-ray™ player.
pocket BLU™ works seamlessly with your network connected Blu-ray™ player over Wi-Fi, and offers the following nifty components:
• A remote control that operates all on disc features (Playback, Hierarchical menus, Chat, Registration, and Color Key functionalities).
• A graphical timeline that appears when the device is held in landscape mode, allowing users to instantly access any point in the movie. For select movie titles, view the chapter and song thumbnails right on the Timeline. Double click to view more information and access the chapter or the song instantly.
• A cross studio content listing of available Blu-ray™ titles where select bonus content (Featurettes, Deleted Scenes, Short films, etc,) can be streamed or saved to the device for later viewing.
• A pop up keyboard that makes all on disc data entry easy and intuitive.
• Rate and Post to Facebook: rate the movie or bonus content from pocket BLU™, add your own personal comment and post it to your Facebook wall to share it with your friends.
• Movie Soundtrack: view the list of songs available in the movie’s soundtrack album and also purchase them from iTunes.
• Now Playing: for select movies titles, instantly view information on currently playing chapters or songs.
• Digital Copies of select movies can be transferred to the pocket BLU device from the Blu-ray disc via a Wi-Fi connection.
• Access exclusive content - 3D models, Behind the Scenes, Scene Explorer, Take Control - on your iPad anytime, anywhere!
(Note: These features are now available on Fast Five only).
**** Make sure the Blu-ray™ disc you wish to purchase is ‘pocket BLU™’ enabled or the app will not be able to connect ****
• PS3™ or any (2.0) Blu-ray™ player connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi.
• A pocket BLU™ enabled Blu-ray™ disc (like Battleship, Fast Five, Despicable Me, Robin Hood, Get Him to the Greek, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Jurassic Park, Bridesmaids, The Office, X-Men, House, Black Swan, and Rio and more…) • An iPhone™ or iPod Touch® running OS 3.2 or above, or an iPad connected to the player over the same Wi-Fi network.
• The pocket BLU™ application installed on your device.
Watch for exciting new features in upcoming releases! There’s a lot in store for pocket BLU™!!
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I used this app because the Family Guy Star Wars trilogy had this as the what-seemed-to-be the easier option for downloading the digital copies. The app is extremely unstable and crashes a lot. Even when not crashing, it takes multiple attempts and repeatedly starting over to get the options to appear and work properly, if at all also, it keeps trying to repeatedly ask if I want to go to a timeline version to watch the video that's in my bluray player, even though I keep saying no, not to mention that it pops up two of the same dialog boxes every time that it asks this, so I have to click "no" twice every time. Now, the digital copies that were downloaded are not available unless I'm at home on the same wifi as my powered-on bluray player, making it totally worthless.
Functional but extremely outdated
The app works fine for me, however it takes an extremely long time to load once I open the app. I'll have to wait about 30 seconds before I can do anything. The interface also looks old and doesn't even fit the iPhone screen right because it hasn't been updated since the 4s. There are big black bars on the top and bottom. This was a great app 4 or 5 years back but now is extremely outdated, which is disappointing as this app could be great again if they had updated it in the last 4 years.
i thought this was a free app. yall charged me $1.99 & THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! I am on IPad Air. i installed, deleted & reinstalled 15+ times, wont work, keeps telling me i have "no internet access" , but i have 2 laptops runnng on my wireless internet!! and, it also said i needed an update for it to run, but no option to update anywhere! there r far more useful things i can donate or throw my money away for other than apps that do not work!!!!!!!!
- Deluxe Digital Studios
- 33.3 MB
Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2009-2010 Deluxe Digital Studios. All Rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.