Have fun getting lost with Pocket Earth!
• Detailed worldwide maps and travel guides • Works completely offline even with GPS • Great when abroad, NO data roaming charges • Online routing with Voice Guidance and much more!
• We give you one offline city for free, in-app upgrade to access unlimited worldwide offline maps and topographic maps feature.
« Reviews »
“I love this technology” – Natali Morris, Tech Reporter, NBC’s Today Show
Editor's Pick Best Offline Map App – thedigitaltrekker.com
“The best travel app in the world… Don’t leave home without it!” – bonvoyageurs.com
“Very impressive app with unmatched features.” – toptenreviews.com
« Maps »
• Beautiful Retina quality maps at a fraction of the size! The fastest and most beautiful offline maps on the App Store!
• Detailed and interactive worldwide maps! More than 100,000 places & completely free!
• Access your maps online and offline! Saves on data roaming costs!
• Personalize the maps to show the info you want!
• Online Routing with directions. Save your multi-stop itineraries for offline voice guided navigation!
• Online street address search and contacts integration!
• Did we mention everything is offline? Works anywhere- cities, small towns, even in the middle of nowhere. Never any roaming charges. We dare you to try it!
« For the Traveler »
• Find out about thousands of interesting places - hotels, restaurants, bars, tourist sites, even get metro and public transit info!
• Our super wide area Nearby search is also super fast!
• Have all the travel info you need with more than 50,000 detailed Wikivoyage Travel Guides and more than 1 million Wikipedia articles in 7 languages!
• Customizable Pins and favorites groups! Add notes and mark and share favorite spots!
• Share maps links and your current location!
« For the Adventurer »
• An in-app purchase option offers topographic maps. Get high performance, high accuracy 10m / 50ft contour display world-wide. The ONLY offline app that lets you download large areas, even entire countries! Contours are displayed on our existing maps for all Activities.
• Hiking and Cycling maps! Great for geocaching and getting off the track!
• GPS track recording lets you see what route you took! Great for hikes, cycling and off road! Never get lost again!
• Import/Export support for GPX and CSV files! Share with friends using PE Archives.
• Displays and lets you search for map coordinates in all common formats (including DD, DDM, DMS, MGRS, UTM/UPS, GeoHash, and what3words)!
• Numerous GPS settings for your preferred configuration including compass and heading arrow or rotation, look ahead mode, accuracy and recording settings.
...and much more - so try it out!
« How's it Work? »
Just select the cities, regions, or even whole countries you want to download, and it will be available for offline use, complete with information on thousands of POIs (Points of Interest), and optionally, topographic maps, travel guides and Wikipedia articles.
To learn more about Pocket Earth or the community driven open data sources that we use, please visit our website.
Don’t forget this:
1. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Only the GPS Route Navigation and GPS Track Recording features will use the GPS when running in background.
2. This app uses data from the amazing community driven open mapping project called openstreetmap.org! Coverage detail may vary by region, please visit our website to check the map detail for your regions of interest.
3. Does not currently support all asian texts on the map (Chinese, Japanese, etc).
Fixed another rare crash case and fixed a minor bug in last update.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Many great features
Two complaints in an otherwise solid app: (1) Minor roads only appear when you zoom pretty far in. They should be visibility at pretty much all zooms as very light lines (for example). (2) Road labels don’t appear on minor roads until you are zoomed way, way in.
These are vector maps, so all the data is there at all zooms - the developer just chooses not to display it for us. Give us a switch/option to “show all roads”, for example - some of us would choose to have a busier map for certain applications, given that is has more information.
Best offline maps
I’ve tracked trails completely covered in snow whole the rest of my group was unable to follow. I found a hidden land-bridge to an island near my house that was a local secret. I route my cycling trips to meet people with what3words addresses. It’s awesome and you want it.
No cell service -no problem
Adventure motorcycle guy told me about this App. I use it all the time-especially when I have no cell service. It is a must have if you go out in the dingle berries.
- GeoMagik LLC
- 50 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 GeoMagik LLC
- In-App Purchases
- World Offline $5.99
- Benelux Offline $1.99
- Scandinavia Offline $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.