The Pocket Radar® Sports App is a performance management platform that makes capturing, analyzing, and sharing speeds more powerful than ever.
*IMPORTANT: This App requires the Smart Coach Radar as a separate piece of hardware to pair with via Bluetooth® and does not work with any other Pocket Radar models. Get yours today at PocketRadar.com/SmartCoach
**New Pocket Radar PLUS Subscription features available at additional cost
- CONNECT: Add velocities into your favorite streaming & scoring providers to enhance your game experiences. Current partners include GameChanger, AthletesGoLive, SidelineHD and Sporfie. More coming soon!
- PITCH TAGGING / CHARTING: Dive deeper into your games and bullpens with location and pitch type selections associated with each velocity.
- SLOW-MOTION VIDEO CAPTURE: Better video performance allows you to break down each video frame into slow motion to review mechanics.
Additional App Features (FREE):
• Compatible with Apple Watch: Access speeds directly on your wrist.
• Speed Display and Audio Announcements: Improve your training and development sessions by seeing your results immediately on an external display or by hearing your numbers through pairing with a Bluetooth® speaker or headphones.
• Speeds Embedded Directly in Your Videos: Record video with speeds embedded directly in the video. Export and share your videos with friends, coaches, and recruiters.
• Detailed History for Each Session: Track your progress over time with our comprehensive history of your sessions including max speed and average speed. Sort and filter your results.
• All of your players in one place: Want to manage not just one but a group of player’s and their velocities? Player Management allows you to simply create a list of players and assign one or multiple players to each session.
• Share your speed for the world to see: Do you have a great video that shows off your talents and speed number? Share it for the world to see. When you play back a recorded video, you can tap the share icon and share to your favorite social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram – or send a text message of the video to your friends.
AND MORE FEATURES INCLUDING…
Portrait Mode (Record and Display Speeds in Either Landscape or Portrait Mode)
Voice Annotated Notes
Live View (Real Time List of Speeds)
Selective Download (You Choose What to Export)
Video Organization (Save Videos in Folder, Not Entire Gallery)
With +/- 1 MPH accuracy, this is not your typical "phone radar" that functions like a stopwatch or relies on perfect optical conditions/set-up. This is the same technology that is currently being utilized for player development and recruiting at the highest levels, including World Series champions and National Championship winning schools and organizations.
Compatible with devices running iOS 14 and above.
Contact Us: https://www.pocketradar.com/pages/contact-us
- High frame-rate video recording, up to 240 fps
- Improved video quality at all frame rates
- Many bug fixes
Pocket Radar PLUS subscription features include:
- Connect to partner applications including GameChanger, SidelineHD, AthletesGoLive and Sporfie (more coming soon!)
- Pitch charting/tagging
- Slow motion video playback
- Monthly and annual subscription options
Ratings and Reviews
Great improvements over the old app!
This app lets you record video and organize by individual pitchers on your team. I can send each pitcher all of their velocities after each game. I can look at a pitchers velos and then tap it and watch that pitch. My son was working on his slider so he can easily find those by the pitch speed and watch each one he threw. The only one who can do this is the phone that has the app installed and took the video. I have really enjoyed having this radar and now the new app. My son is now in college so I will just set my radar on a tripod and track all pitchers velos and I can sit anywhere within Bluetooth range. I have parents and players all the time wanting me to send them their numbers. It’s very easy to send these as well.
I like it so far. Was easy to setup and get recordings working.
I have 2 issues.
1. I can’t hear the speed as it is announced when the disc hits the net. The noise from the hit drowns out the announced speed. I’m recording with phone. The radar sensor is on the back of the screen where screen can’t be seen in my setup.
2. This I don’t get. The app only records 1080p at 30fps. My phone support 4K 240fps. This is a big drawback, deducting a star. My phone recording quality is limited by the app. It’s a sports training tool for a throw that fractions of a second and only supports 30fps. Makes analyzing throwing mechanisms correlations to speed very difficult.
Problem Solver can’t problem solve this
Was fired up to finally get a smart coach and upgrade from the OG ball coach Pocket Radar for the video recording with speeds and created a spreadsheet in this app to track players bullpens more efficiently than pen and paper.
I thought I had solved for being able to get the pocket radar connected to the app again after I disconnected it the first time from the original setup, which is what a lot of other people have been stating on here. But now when I go to start a session w/ a player and I go to pick an activity, the screen is blank and I can’t get anywhere passed it. MASSIVE disappointment. I thought this was supposed to make my life easier with tracking pitches and collecting data, but instead it’s the opposite. Only reason it got 2 stars is because at least the Pocket Radar itself works.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. We will have a fix for this in our next release. We do have a workaround. For now, if you see a blank activity selection screen, press and hold down the small black button on the radar until you see three dashes. In the app, go back to the New Session screen and then try to select the activity again. Now you'll see "Select a sport", and you can select your sport and activity. After you've created your first session, you won't see this problem again.
Pocket Radar support
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocket Radar Incorporated
- 45.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Pocket Radar Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pocket Radar Connect $49.99
- Pocket Radar Plus (monthly) $4.99
- Pocket Radar Plus (yearly) $49.99
- Single Day Pass $2.99
- Full Access Pass $10.99