Pocket Roguelike is a hack & slash action RPG with procedurally generated levels, tons of loot and permadeath. Find treasure chests, trade with merchants and fight strong bosses. Six heroes to choose from, each having unique equipment layout and 12 powerful skills to decimate foes in your path.
● 65 randomly generated levels
● 250 + loot to find
● 6 hero classes (Templar, Rogue, Barbarian, Mage, Druid and Necromancer)
● Total of 72 powerful skills
● Each class has unique equipment layout
● Trade with merchants, open treasure chests, find hidden stashes
After a thousand years of peace in the realm, an ancient evil has formed a binding between the realms of light and dark. Demons and beasts are crawling through and ravaging the lands like wildfire. Brawest of heroes are called upon a quest to end the Corruption.
Start a journey from the snowy Haven's Peak, travel through spider infested caves, dense forests and sinister dungeons. Can you survive to the Corruption and sever the dark binding between realms before it is too late? 65 randomly generated areas to fight through.
TONS OF LOOT
Find weapons, armors and jewelry with magical properties. Collect SETS of items. Find rare ancient LEGENDARY class items with epic properties. Pocket Roguelike has over 250 items!
SIX HERO CLASSES
Play as a TEMPLAR a devoted knight sworn to purge the unholy, skillful archer ROGUE or get ready to brawl as furiously strong BARBARIAN. Descend the dungeons as a MAGE, the master of elemental magic, decimate your foes as a shapeshifting DRUID or raise your own skeletal army as a NECROMANCER. Each class has unique powerful skills and equipment layouts.
No roguelike would be a roguelike without permanent death, so tread carefully hero.
No hero should have to handle heavy lifting. Travel with your trusted mule companion and let him carry all your loot. Mule can also visit the nearest town to sell items you don't need.
Pocket Roguelike is actively developed (by one guy) and players' suggestions and ideas are listened, i'll keep my best to answer all of them. You can send me email at email@example.com or follow the development from my twitter channel at https://twitter.com/takomogames
Pocket Roguelike has an original soundtrack made by The Great Red. You can find more tunes by the artist from their Sound Cloud page at: https://soundcloud.com/thegreatred.
* All challenge areas now have time limit.
* Changes to some enemy behavior.
* Increased stackable item stack size to 50.
* Fixed issues with keys in mule inventory.
* Other minor bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
I want to love this!
I’ve played through a few runs thus far and love the concept, but something is just missing. I understand the need for ads to generative some revenue, but if I could spend $3.99 to sell my gear without watching an ad or progressing 5 levels, I’d pay it gladly. I’d even spend a couple bucks to buy some gold to upgrade a little bit or a bundle package for $9.99 to unlock all heroes. Perhaps even some money to keep inventory on death each time. You have to pay yourselves in order to want to continue improving the game. There’s so much potential here.
For new players, watch the first boss on floor 5, it will stop and a red exclamation mark will appear, the boss will shoot out a bunch of spikes. If you’re too close, it will kill you in one shot. Took me 2 runs to figure it out.
Excellent Lite Roguelike
While there is nothing particular complex about this aRPG, that can be a good thing if you are only looking to play a quick dungeon crawl. The game in its current state is well polished, and I have been able to reach the end of the basic primary campaign without spending an excessive number of attempts (though I am sure the various challenges will greatly expand the potential content and difficulty).
At this point, I can only notice a few flaws:
1) The left “movement” joystick is a little too finicky about exact finger placement to start movement. This can get annoying when you occasionally fail to accurately evade a monster rushing towards you.
2) Like other posters have complained, the orc bowmen are too powerful for their first appearance. I was not amused to be held up at 4-3 for four runs, only to reach the final boss fight on my very next run. Consider nerfing the orc bowmen and buffing the difficulty curve afterward, so the challenge growth remains consistent.
3) I have noticed that random events like merchants, shrines, challenge huts, and chests only appear in a level if you have not previously save and quit. I do not know if this is a bug or an effort to thwart save scummers, but at least I like being able to play games in short breaks without feeling punished for it.
Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining, but I am at least trying to give detailed input. Thank you again for all the effort you have put into this game, devs.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your detailed feedback!
Just What I Was Looking For
I really like this game and it’s simplicity, but I wish there were more Legendary items. I also have a problem with the keys. Abyss seems much easier early game than the Arcane Planes, yet they seem to have the same loot tables. Why waste time clearing Arcane Planes when the loot is just as random? That’s my only real complaint, other than that, please add more items and/or classes!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jani Tantarimaeki
- 107.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2022 Takomo Games