Endorsed by Parents and Educators, Pocket Sight Words is a literacy learning app perfect for kids in Kindergarten and Year 1. This app provides a simple and effective way for kids Ages 4+ to learn high frequency words for reading and writing through play-based learning.
"A very well designed app that has a lot of extremely positive features to it." - educationalappstore.com
"A high quality app that provides practice with 220 basic sight words appropriate for young children or struggling readers." - bestappsforkids.com
"The bright colours, music, animations and clear voice-over engage students to want to learn." - Reading Recovery Teacher
"We have seen a major shift in the students attitude towards sight words since using Pocket Sight Words in the classroom" - Kindergarten Teacher
• 220 words with audio assistance using correct pronunciation
• Short sentences (written by Kindergarten teachers) provide added contextual learning
• Playful illustrations and reward system
• The 'Find the Word' (mini-game) is a lot of fun and designed to enhance learning experience through listening
• Sight words grouped into lists to support gradual learning
• With over 500 (built in) unique sounds, words and phrases, kids can learn with or without a parent/guardian supervision.
• Our Pocket Sight Words program can also compliment Literacy programs used by schools - email us at email@example.com to find out how!
• Clean and simple design
• No Pop-ups or advertisements
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Increase application performance.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great till list 37
My son really enjoyed this app but once he got to list 37 the list/app went crazy and couldn’t move forward. I paid for this app and hope this is fixed or reimbursed.
Great way to teach/reinforce sight words
As a retired first grade teacher using it now to help a struggling first grader distantly it’s a great app.
My favorite feature is using the word in context in natural interesting language. So much more effective than just flashing a word.
If I were still teaching it would be on my recommended list for parents besides being used in the classroom.
I like this app it really is helping out for my little one that is about to enter into kindergarten, it’s fun to sit and spell the words with him and he picks them out. But the only thing I don’t like is it says that it’s free but you’re not able to get pass the first four levels, after the first four you have to pay to continue. Feel like it should have said that in the description area or make you pay before you get the app. Really think they should do something about that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cortes Global Pty Ltd.
- 312.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Cortes Global Pty Ltd © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Levels $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.