“The Ultimate App for Wine Enthusiasts” – iPhoneLife Magazine
Take your wine knowledge and enjoyment to the next level with our comprehensive app. It is one of the most popular wine apps in the USA, UK and Canada and is probably the best investment you can make in wine.
Simple and easy to use, the app provides you with insights that would otherwise take years to acquire. For example, understanding wine styles is a revelation and will enable you to approach wines with confidence, like a professional. After using the app for a short while, every wine store you walk into will become an Aladdin’s Cave of hidden treasures.
The unique cellar management function allows you to record and track your wines in a highly visual and meaningful way. Style icons are assigned to each wine and essential details can be seen at a glance. You can save as many photos as you like for each wine and add as much, or as little, information as you want, including notes and ratings. Editing is easy, and search and sort functions allow you to view your wines in multiple ways.
In addition, you can explore a range of dedicated sections in the app on wine styles, grape varieties, food pairing and a unique taste profiling tool to reveal the wines you love based on the foods you like, which is both fun and informative.
Key benefits include:
• Record all your wines by adding them to the app (add as many wines as you like, there is no limit). View them in a highly visual and meaningful format and profile your cellar in multiple ways.
• Sync your wines between iPhone and iPad – you can add the app to your other Apple devices free of charge.
• Gain a revealing insight into wine styles through clear and easy to understand definitions.
• Unlimited access to over 100 grape varieties and blends, showing key attributes, detailed descriptions, regional information and food pairing advice for each.
• Dedicated Food Pairing section with expert advice and pairing recommendations for hundreds of meal types.
• Discover your personal taste profile, and those of your friends and family, in the unique My Taste guide.
• Access an extensive Glossary of wine terms, specifically written for the app.
• Frequently Asked Questions section answers all the important questions you may have.
Please note that Pocket Wine does NOT try to sell you wines or review individual wines. The app is dedicated to maximizing your enjoyment and understanding of wine, while providing a professional platform to record your wine experiences and manage your cellar.
Take your wine knowledge and enjoyment to the next level, record your wines and manage your cellar. In this update:
* Quick-view overlay data, on all wines in the My Wines tab, now includes country of origin and name of retailer.
* Auto-save for text has been added so you never lose any of your entries, even if you forget to tap “Save”.
* Two new grape varieties added: Koshu (Crisp style), the national grape of Japan and Gaglioppo (Smooth style), the signature grape of Calabria in southern Italy.
* Some bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything a wine newbie could possibly need except....
As a person new to wine I have been searching high and low for a simple app to allow me to track my wines, get information on different varieties of wine, and not have to deal with a bunch of unnecessary extras like seeing what the “pros” are drinking. This app does exactly what I need it to, but it also gives wine pairing suggestions which is completely awesome! I love this app and it is definitely worth upgrading to the full unlocked version for $3.99. With that being said, the only reason I gave this app a 4 and not a 5 star rating is because it doesn’t have the sparking wine, rose wine, and dessert wine categories, or the ability to read labels. The not having a label reading ability is in no way a deal breaker, but if at the very least the publisher adds the missing wine categories (if it ever does) I can easily give this app 5 star rating with or without label reading capabilities.
Useful, easy to use and elegant.
Very useful app for anyone working in the wine trade, but also for wine enthusiasts. Being able to add as many photos as you like to each bottle entry is excellent. It's great for adding screenshots of reviews and / or ratings of a wine and you can also add screenshots of data from producer websites. I do most of this on my iPhone and then view it on the iPad where it looks great in the larger format making it ideal for showing to customers. And you get all this and a ton of information on grape varieties and food pairing for just $3.99. Hard to beat.
Paid option is worth it!
I am the order writer for the wine section at a Trader Joe’s and this app has been invaluable! From the information on obscure grapes including the regions they grow in to the very detailed food pairing list, the app has been very helpful in my own personal search to discover new wines as well as help others find their new favorite.
Developer Response ,
As a wine industry professional we really do appreciate your well-considered and very positive review of Pocket Wine. Independent reviews such as yours are very helpful to those who wish to expand their wine knowledge and understanding. We strive to make the app accessible and valuable to all enthusiasts, from the wine novice to the wine expert, and reviews such as yours greatly support this objective. Thank you very much for sharing your views with everyone.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wine Paradigm
- 33.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010-2022 Wine Paradigm
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Subscription $19.99
- Annual Subscription $5.99
- Monthly Subscription $0.99