Creating your custom yoga sequence has never been easier! Pocket Yoga Teacher allows you to build, edit and share complete yoga classes.
Make a yoga sequence in minutes by selecting your desired poses and adjusting their order and duration. Then add music, set the tempo and you’re done! Print your sequences or share them with your friends. Perfect for yoga teachers, teacher trainees or intermediate to advanced level yogis.
• Choose from a list of over 200 poses, including variations and transitional poses.
• Specify the order and the duration of each pose.
• Follow suggestions on the next pose or choose from a complete list.
• Set the duration to hold each pose.
• Place poses inside ‘loops’ to indicate sections that repeat multiple times.
• Add markers to indicate music and tempo changes.
• Open multiple sequences at once and Copy & Paste from one to the other.
• Email, Message or AirDrop a sequence to your friends so they can try it.
• Convert your practices to PDF documents.
• Print your practices for your records.
• Send your practices to your iPhone or iPad and continue editing there (requires a separate purchase).
What's New in Version 2.0.1 - 2.0.3
• Support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
• Technical fixes
What's New in Version 2.0.0
• Support for macOS Mojave
• New feature: Control the direction each pose is facing on the mat
• New feature: Music items now contain a list of songs instead of a single song
• Improved print: Use different layouts to customize your printout
• Technical fixes
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga Teacher, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is very helpful when sequencing. Suggestions to make it even better would be to have to option to type in text within your sequence for cueing notes for each pose. If there was a little text box option under each pose you add so you can add a cueing or modification note if needed.
Love the simplicity of creating classes!
My first time to use it and I thought it was the perfect app if you are fairly new to teaching yoga or if you just need some ispiration and ideas for your classes. They added the drag and drop & loop features on their last update and you can also easily copy and paste multiple poses. It’s simple, and much better than hand drawing stick figures on paper or typing out class outlines that I see many other teachers do. I love the “flip” feature which allows you to add the right side then copy/paste and select “flip” to do the same on the left side. I’m looking forward to seeing more additions including being able to airdrop/upload the classes to my pocket yoga practice builder app on my phone. I found it very user friendly and worth the $$, besides, if you teach yoga, you can write off the expense on your taxes.
Not user friendly
I bought this app to help me put together sequences for my classes; however, this app is not at all user friendly. You cannot move postures within the sequence by dragging and dropping, it does not easily allow you to create loops - you need to establish a loop and then add your postures manually, even if you already added them to create a sequence; and there is no functionality to run through the sequence while it is being developed. Furthermore- I have not easily found an export feature to add the sequence to the core pocket yoga app to run though when completed. This app is poorly designed and I would like a refund. It is not at all worth the $20 - it’s not even worth $0.99! Don’t waste your time or money buying this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you were unhappy with the app. We’ve taken your advice and have added Drag & Drop in our last update which is available now. This does indeed make editing easier. As far as creating loops after your poses have already been added, you can select multiple poses at once by holding down the Shift key as you select, then you can right-click and choose the “Place In Loop” option from the contextual menu. This will place all your selected poses inside of a loop. Another way of accomplishing the same is after selecting the poses, you can Copy (with Command-C), then move the cursor to a location inside of a loop, and then Paste (with Command-V).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.