With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Soothing, detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose.
• Expertly designed practices by experienced yoga instructors.
• Over 300 beautifully illustrated pose images show correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses contains the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Play music from your music library or Spotify in place of the default music.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Track your progress with an ongoing log of all your yoga practices.
• Accounts sync environments and progress across devices.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Works with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 9.0.1 - 9.0.2
• Technical fixes.
What's New in Version 9.0.0
• New voice with better clarity, cues, and transitions
• 100+ additional poses
• Full support for iOS 13 with modern look and 'Sign in with Apple'
• Improved remote control: Control your practice with AirPods
• Improved Spotify and external music integration
• Improved Apple Watch app
• Improved print options: Show or hide the pose names and breaths for printouts
• New Feature: Stream practice audio to multiple speakers at once (AirPlay 2 support)
• Technical fixes
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app. So useful!!!
I do believe that you need some experience with poses, but I like that it still gives you a list to look over which poses there are in yoga. So maybe a beginner can start off by studying the list. I've taken one yoga class, so I did have some knowledge, but not tons. I feel like the beginner stage is a perfect way to challenge a person interested in yoga. Self motivation will push you through if you want to be a yogi. Love love love all of the ways it engages your entire body. I do wish there was a little bit different varieties of routines. There is a lot of repetitiveness, but other than that, it's great! It would be cool if the app offered some type of gift card rewards for getting to a certain level of karma points, that would make it even more motivational, but I love this app!!!
Good But Needs Improvement...
Purchased this app over a year ago and was originally impressed with it, I feel now that it needs a few updates. Back when I purchased it, the “create your own routine” was available and imbedded in this original app. I am very disheartened to see it is now a separate app or bundle purchase that I would need to repurchase. That’s pretty bad!
There REALLY needs to be more variety in the routines, not just 3 routines in each of the sections. There is way too much boredom happening! There has to be some variation! Without offering the ability to create your own routine WITHIN this original app, I say skip it! Not worth the money! There HAS to be more updates!
On top of that, I would like to see shorter session offerings. I allot myself only 15 minutes in the morning and usually do another short session in the afternoon. Not everyone can fit in a 30 minute minimum routine every day. I hate to say this, but it may be time to switch apps!
Really good even for beginner
I read the reviews before downloading...many said that you really needed some amount of yoga experience to use this app well. I disagree. I have never done any yoga, I don't know any terms or any poses. I did a beginner "class" with this app and it was fine. It does move fairly quickly from one pose to the next in a few places and I could not always keep up, but I am guessing that this would be the case in a "real live" class as well. Once I know the names of the poses, it will be easy enough to get where I need to be. When I was slow responding, fine, let it go, I would just jump back in on the next pose.
I am sure my posture was a bit off, at least some of the time; but as long as you can look at the picture and see where your body should be, you should get it right fairly soon. Everything has a learning curve, whether you have someone teaching you or are learning on your own.
I do have a bit of an advantage; I have been a world medalist in a martial art which requires me to get my body in the right position quickly, and to be able to move from one to another randomly, quickly, and accurately. However, the positions required by yoga poses are nothing I have ever done before.
I like this app and would recommend it to anyone who has any interest in yoga.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.