Demo Video: http://youtu.be/YjaCBq-Jbb4
PocketAudio lets you use your iPhone as wireless headphones for your computer. PocketAudio automatically forwards audio played on your computer to your iOS devices.
PocketAudio (Headphones) can be used to play sound from any Windows or Mac applications. Simply select PocketAudio as your computer's audio output device, and you can now use iOS device to listen to any sound played on the computer.
You can use PocketAudio with any application that requires an audio output device, including Windows Live Messenger, Skype, AIM, Yahoo, etc.
*** Please note that there is network delay between the computer and iOS device. Therefore, PocketAudio should not be used in situations where delay can be an issue. For example, if you are watching a movie and use PocketAudio to play the soundtrack, you will notice the sound is played behind the video.
* Download and install the PocketControl for Windows or Mac software from our website: http://www.senstic.com/iphone/PocketAudio/PocketAudio.aspx
* On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the SensticPocketService is running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl from the Mac applications folder.
* Connect your iOS device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
* Start PocketAudio, and the app will automatically connect to your computer. The bottom of your device screen should display "Connected to your_computer_name:port."
* Configure your Windows/Mac program to use PocketAudio as your audio input and/or output device.
Step by step instructions can be found at support page: http://www.senstic.com/iphone/PocketAudio/Support.aspx
* Currently, PocketAudio supports Windows XP and above, Mac OS X 10.7 or above. Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier is not supported.
* PocketAudio does not work with iChat on Mac.
* There is network delay between the computer and iOS device. Please do not expect real time transmission.
Updated to support newer devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am a very computer savvy individual, and for whatever reason, after enabling everything on my firewall, and rechecking Wi-Fi settings, I still can't get this to work. Very frustrating.
iPhone: 5S w/ iOS: 7.1.1
Computer: Windows 8
Cool idea, a shame I had to pay for it
This app is a great idea. My computer’s left-side audio stopped working when a headphone jack is plugged into it. I would love to be able to listen to my computer through my phone, but this app has at least a 10 second delay, which makes it impossible to watch any video at all. It’s ok for listening to music, but I have access to that on the phone already. Really disappointed and can’t believe this thing actually costs money because it is not ready for consumers yet.
5+ second delay
I knew there would be a delay when I purchased this app, but I was expecting it to be measured in milliseconds. For me, the delay was over 5 seconds. I also wanted to use it to hear a garage band file through the speakers, but it doesn't appear to work with garage band. It did work with iTunes but had the significant delay and dropout issues.
The developer, Senstic, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.