PocketAudio lets you use your iOS device as a wireless soundcard of your computer. PocketAudio automatically forwards audio captured or played on your computer to your iOS device. You can use PocketAudio as a wireless headphones and/or wireless microphone for your computer.
PocketAudio contains both Headphones and Microphone.
PocketAudio (Headphones) can be used to play sound from any Windows or Mac applications. Simply select PocketAudio as your computer's audio output device, and you can now use iOS device to listen to any sound played on the computer.
PocketAudio (Microphone) can be used as an audio input device to Windows or Mac. Speak to your iOS device, and use Windows or Mac to capture or record the audio.
You can use PocketAudio with any application that requires an audio input/output device, including Windows Live Messenger, Skype, AIM, Yahoo, etc.
*** Please note that there is network delay between the computer and iPhone. Therefore, PocketAudio should not be used in situations where delay can be an issue. For example, if you are watching a movie and use PocketAudio to play the soundtrack, you will notice the sound is played behind the video.
* If you have not already done so, download and install the PocketControl for Windows or Mac software from our website: http://www.senstic.com/iphone/PocketAudio/PocketAudio.aspx
* On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the SensticPocketService is running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl from the Mac applications folder.
* Connect your iOS device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
* Start PocketAudio on the iOS device, and the app will automatically connect to your computer. The bottom of your iPhone screen should display "Connected to your_computer_name:port."
* Configure your Windows/Mac program to use PocketAudio as your audio input and/or output device.
Step by step instructions can be found at support page: http://www.senstic.com/iphone/PocketAudio/Support.aspx
* Currently, PocketAudio supports Windows XP or above, Mac OS X 10.7 or above. Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier is not supported.
* There is network delay between the computer and iOS device. Please do not expect real time transmission.
Updated to support newer devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I downloaded this app with high hopes and it did not even work, I tried many different ways to get it to work (including reading all the fine print of the instructions) and make sure that it was not my computers fault instead of the apps, when I use the app it's says it is connected and it shows up on my audio input devices on my computer, except when I use the microphone part of this app it doesn't go through
(I was using a pc) so this app might work with a mac but I want a refund
Can’t use with Bluetooth
I have a pair of headphones that won’t connect to my computer. I thought this might be the answer. Connect my phone to the computer and then use the Bluetooth headphones. Nope. This app won’t allow you to send the audio through Bluetooth. Waste of money!
At least it worked
I used the app a while ago, so this may not be entirely accurate, but it worked fine, transmitted my voice well. Only issue was latency, but that could be expected as it was transmitting wirelessly, which isn’t known for high-speed, high-fidelity data transfer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.