PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading any e-content (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! Support all formats.
PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading all formats (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! The application supports 26 book and audio formats, including mobi, epub, fb2, cbz, cbr. Read without ads and with total comfort!
Choose any content - any format!
• Support of 19 book formats, including the most popular - EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PDF, DJVU, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML;
• Comic book formats CBR and CBZ;
• Open books protected with Adobe DRM (PDF, EPUB);
• PDF Reflow function (reflow text in PDF files).
Listen to audiobooks!
• You can listen to audiobooks and other audio files in MP3, M4B, and take notes in them;
• Built-in TTS (Text-to-speech) engine for the voicing of the text files.
Download and sync content easily!
• Free PocketBook Cloud service for synchronizing all your books, including audiobooks, as well as reading positions, notes and bookmarks on all your devices;
• Your files from Dropbox or Google Books services are easily connected to the app to create one consolidated library. You can even connect multiple accounts at the same time;
• Support for OPDS catalogs - get access to network libraries;
• ISBN scanner, for quick search of electronic versions of books by barcode;
• Opportunity to borrow books and periodicals;
• If you have a E Ink e-reader PocketBook, you can easily synchronize all your books and accounts just by scanning a QR code.
Ready to switch from another app? No problem! Getting started with PocketBook Reader is easy! With an intuitive interface, the application provides you with unprecedented freedom – lots of options for settings and no restrictions.
Choose, change, customize, and personalize!
• Intuitive interface, easy navigation, and minimalistic design;
• Opportunity to choose one of the seven interface color themes, reassign the buttons and display areas;
• Two night-reading modes - for better reading comfort anytime;
• Adjust the font style, font size, line spacing, and margin size;
• Animation of turning pages;
• Opportunity to crop margins – make the page look exactly the way you want.
Get fast file access and easy search!
• All files are quickly found and instantly opened, even with built-in audio and video fragments;
• Your books will never be lost in the device’s memory - thanks to the smart search, scanning files on your tablet or smartphone is a matter of seconds. Any file or document can be found in a few clicks!
• The app allows you to sort books, create collections, filter and mark files as you like. Your library - your rules;
• Convenient managing of audio files - it is easy to sort and play your audiobooks.
Make bookmarks, take notes, add comments!
• You can quickly find all your notes and share them with friends via email or messengers;
• Collect all your notes, bookmarks, and comments into separate files for even greater convenience.
PocketBook Reader was created by avid readers for avid readers, and that’s why it’s probably the best e-book reader app.
• Extended LCP DRM support
• Bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
3 stars but
I’m giving 3 stars only because I’ve only explored my main reason for using and nothing else yet. BUT 4 stars (i don’t give out 5 stars) for what i wanted which was an ereader with autoscroll. Why is this feature so impossible for other ereaders? I read fast and sick of constantly having to tap screen to page turn. This autoscroll works great for me. Now if Apple will allow the use of the volume button (which boggles my mind they don’t) then ill be very happy. Other than that i like the ease of getting MY ebooks by simple transfer from pc to phone/tab and to app folder. Unlike 2 main ereader apps that need no naming. I have hundreds of books and now i can read them without pulling my hair out because i didn’t buy at those 2 stores. So 4 stars for what i need and ave. 3 stars for everything else.
Lifesaver for library DRM pubs
Most of my library books go to kindle where I can use the infinite scrolling feature. But now and then a book I want to read isn't available in kindle format.
I am a fast reader and scrolling allows my brain to take in entire sentences and paragraphs in accessibility large font. The traditional page turning doesn't because with large font sentences and paragraphs are chopped off to the next page.
The other critical feature to me is the background. I have astigmatism and need dark font on a contrast background that is easy on my eyes. The ability to select a custom color font is amazing! Haven't seen this feature in my other book readers.
Having so many fonts to select from was unexpected and added to my reading pleasure.
No other reader, including Kindle app can offer me a precise background and font color in combination with infinite scrolling and font style, let alone layout.
I had no problems logging into the adobe account or connecting my library download to the this app in iOS 14.
I am over the moon that I can use this app to read all my library books. The true test of course is if this app continues to perform over time.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate your support.
First off, this is a great app, and better than like 99% of the app store because it isn't covered in ads. I'll definitely be using this for reading epubs for the foreseeable future. I have 2 complaints that would be nice to fix, though
1. The scrolling for books is terrible and unintuitive. It doesn't work anything like scrolling anywhere else on iPhone. Fixing this would make the ergonomics like 50% better and definitely bring this up to 5 stars
2. The login process is kind of laggy and there were times when I was watching the loading indicator for 10+ seconds while logging in. Also, for some reason, I had to log in like 3 times after registering? I'm probably doing something wrong there but that was unintuitive
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocketbook International SA
- 125 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 PocketBook International SA
- In-App Purchases
- eBook (class A) $0.99
- eBook (class B) $1.99
- eBook (class AltB) $0.99
- eBook (class C) $2.99
- eBook (class D) $3.99
- eBook (class M) $11.99
- eBook (class J) $8.99
- eBook (class G) $5.99
- eBook (class Alt5) $4.99
- eBook (class I) $7.99