Greetings! This is a quick update to address an issue for printers that have multiple trays. Print jobs will now default to your photo tray.
The update that arrived one week ago included these fixes/updates:
- a fix for ZINK printers that were not printing properly
- some helpful alerts when you try to share photo via Messages or Email but haven't set up those accounts yet
- some behind-the-scenes upgrades
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but not worth the amount.
I own a photo booth company, but for family parties I don't want to bring out everything so I bought this app. The basic Pocketbooth app was a lot of fun to use...I used it for 3 family parties before deciding to invest in the pocketbooth party app. As I started to use the pocketbooth party app, I realized that what you get for the cost was off.
Things I like:
- You have a couple more template options.
- You can add text.
- They have some pretty good font options.
- You can change the screen where you take pics.
Things I wish it had that would make it worth $40:
- Photo booth templates people would actually like...one big pic on top of 2 smaller pics with a section to put text.
- Ability to have multiple lines of text...not just one line.
- Ability to put shadow on the font.
- for advanced users, being able to put a custom background (outside of the stock options the app has) for the picture strip. Or even a green screen removal feature. This one would probably cost more money, but I would buy it.
All in all, pocketbooth party is a good app....I use it! But if you are looking for a basic photo booth solution, stick with the basic pocketbooth app for a couple dollars. If you want more features you can play with to have some creativity, shop around for a bit. Hope this helps!
Developer Response ,
Hi - we very much appreciate your thorough and thoughtful review! I have some specific responses (see below) but wanted to summarize by saying that we are constantly learning and the app is constantly improving. The app we released 2 and a half years ago doesn't even compare to the features we now offer - and we're always adding new functionality. How do we do that? Well, one way is that we try to listen to our customers and be responsive. Your review is very helpful to that end. If you're interested in chatting more about it - we'd love to continue the conversation - please email us at email@example.com
Here are some specific responses to the points you make:
- pricing is a difficult art, and the current price of our app was determined as the result of a lot of internal debate and thoughtful back-and-forth. We realize the cost is more than most people are used to spending on an app, and for those people, we would point them toward our incredibly affordable 99-cent app, Pocketbooth. Our target customer for this app is someone who wants a photobooth for their party or event, but don't have the budget to rent a booth to the tune of hundreds of dollars. So instead of being expensive in comparison to a 99-cent app, we like to think of Pocketbooth Party as the deal of the century when compared to renting a photobooth. We have a second customer in mind, which is where I think you fall: the professional boother. In other words, someone who uses the app in service of their event photography business. We have many customers who are already using the app in this way, but we realize there are many more features that these customers want (you name a few of them). All I can say is we have not forgotten about you, but chose to release the consumer-facing app first, then slowly build the business-facing app over time. We have added a ton of pro features, but have a lot more in store.
- you mention "a couple more template options" when in fact, as of this writing, Pocketbooth Party offers 10 more template options than Pocketbooth. But your point is well taken - you'd like more templates! We'd love to help you out - let us know which templates you'd like us to add. (you mentioned one possibility) And regarding "templates that people actually like", all I can say is we'll keep adding templates as we get requests, but we respectfully suggest there are actual customers who really like our current templates ;)
- font shadows is a great idea - have added it to the list
- custom backgrounds is a feature that is coming
- green screen is on our list, but it isn't at the top of the priority list at this time
Hope some of this helps. Cheers!
Great. Wish I can add external camera
I have this app an it’s great for small gatherings but wish I can use my dslr or even my simple point an shoot camera instead of the iPad’s built in camera. If that option is available please let me know! If not, something to consider to make it perfect.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! We would love to add DSLR compatibility, but unfortunately the camera manufacturers and Apple don't make it easy. We keep our eyes on that space hoping that something will open up. Cheers!
The DJ Entertainer
This is a awesome app! I set my IPad up as a Selfie Photo Booth for my customers event and her guest loved it! It allowed the guest to take some great pictures and have a great time! I share the pictures on social media and everyone was amazed on how good the pictures came out! This app gives you so many options for parties and events! This app just enhance my ability to be a great DJ Entertainer!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.