**UPDATE** PocketCam now supports audio! Support for FaceTime, iChat/Messages on macs added!
** YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69c4HHok3U
** IMPORTANT ** Please turn off Bluetooth on the device (Settings->General->Bluetooth) before using PocketCam. Otherwise, you may experience frame drops/freeze.
Why paying for an expensive webcam when you can use your awesome iOS device for video conference? Better yet, your iOS webcam is wireless! Now you can use your iOS device to show around your house/apartment on your favorite webcam applications such as FaceTime, iChat/Messages, Windows Live or Skype.
PocketCam lets you use your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad as a wireless webcam (and microphone!) for your Windows-based computer or Mac (OS X 10.7 or above). PocketCam automatically forwards video captured by your iOS camera, which can then be used as if they come from a virtual webcam.
PocketCam works with any Windows-based webcam or video conferencing applications, including instant message applications such as MSN Live Messenger, Skype, AIM, etc. For Mac users, PocketCam works with any Mac applications that use QuickTime for video capturing, including FaceTime, iChat/Messages, GTalk, Skype and aMSN.
You can even record the live video from your iOS cam using a webcam recorder such as QuickTime Pro.
1. If you have not already done so, download and install the PocketControl for Windows or Mac software from our website: http://www.senstic.com/iPhone/PocketCam/PocketCam.aspx
2. On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the PocketCam service is running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl, and run any application that uses webcam and select PocketCam as your preferred webcam.
3. Start PocketCam on iOS device, and the app will automatically connect to your computer. The bottom of your iOS screen should display "Connected to your_computer_name:port."
4. Start any program on your computer that uses webcam, and select "PocketCam" as your virtual webcam.
Enjoy live feed from your iOS camera as your webcam source!
Step-by-step instructions can be found at http://www.senstic.com/iphone/pocketcam/Support.aspx
1. Currently, PocketCam supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or above.
2. There is a half second delay before the images are shown up on the computer.
*** If you have problem getting PocketCam to work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help you fix the problem.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Update for newer devices.
Ratings and Reviews
One review had all the right words, but after paying $5, there is no website to download the corresponding drivers on the laptop. Site is decommissioned. DO NOT BUY, Apple should remove thid broken product from the store.
AVOID - web site gone no software for computer
Will be looking at how to get a refund, for the first time. Very unhappy to see Apple hasn’t pulled this down.
Please remove this app from the store. I cannot reach the developers on any of their web addresses.
The developer, Senstic, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 2.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Senstic
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.