FREE for a limited time - get it now!
PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
PocketCAS lite is a free version of PocketCAS that will allow you to try out the interface and many features before buying PocketCAS pro.
It has the following limitations:
- Many advanced mathematical functions (e.g. integration, taylor expansion, eigenvalues, solving equations, etc.) are unavailable.
- It will plot only two functions at a time.
- Exported graphics will be watermarked.
The full functionality is available in PocketCAS pro.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
New Feature: Added support for new iPad screen resolutions.
Improvement: Reverted the "blue" graph color on Mac back to its previous value.
Changes in PocketCAS 3.11:
New Feature (Mac): Added support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave!
New Feature: You can now use the function domain() to find out the definition domain of a function. Example: domain(log(x-0.5)+asin(x))
Improvement: Improved support for iOS 12.
Improvement: Added support for surfacing PocketCAS documents as Siri suggestions.
Improvement: Added support for new iPhone screen sizes (e.g. for iPhone XS Max).
Improvement: Updated to the latest computation kernel (which includes the domain() function mentioned above).
Improvement: PocketCAS can now automatically detect issues with iCloud document storage and suggests disabling it.
Improvement: Added an _underscore_ option to the keyboard on iOS (press and hold the '.' key to access it).
Improvement (Mac): Disabled smart quotes in the entry editor.
Improvement (Mac): Improved the visuals of 3D line drawing.
Bugfix: Fixed a few minor calculation errors and crashes.
Bugfix (Mac): Better display when scrollbars set to always show.
Ratings and Reviews
Math that works the way people do
This useful math program is styled like working on a sheet of paper. The key advantage is that, unlike working in a calculator app, when you're done you can have something printable that makes sense. If you use it more than a little the app can benefit from a keyboard. It reminds me of MathCAD by MathSoft from the 90's (sold to PTC, 32 bit Windows only.)
The free version of this app doesn't do some of the more complex things that a working engineer or engineering student might need, but for anyone else its complete and there really is enough to work with to decide if its enough,
I am an engineer! But I am now celebrating my 90th birthday. Big deal! I am still enthralled with the fact that I can still figure things out. And numbers matter, so with your help, the things that I design still fit together and work.
- Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- 57.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Daniel Alm
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.