PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots! Supports x-y cartesian plots, parametric area plots and parametric line plots.
- Animated plots: Use the variable 'anim' to animate any plot over time.
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Document Import: Load functions and variables from existing documents to re-use your work in other calculations.
- CSV Import: Load tabular data in CSV format and process it!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (https://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (https://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
Bugfix: Fixed an issue that would prevent the "Calculate/Draw" button from working on macOS 10.12 and earlier.
Bugfix: Fixed an issue where the calculation progress bar would show up at unexpected times.
Changes in PocketCAS 3.12:
New Feature: Added support for new iPad screen resolutions.
Improvement: Reverted the "blue" graph color on Mac back to its previous value.
Changes in PocketCAS 3.11:
New Feature (Mac): Added support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave!
New Feature: You can now use the function domain() to find out the definition domain of a function. Example: domain(log(x-0.5)+asin(x))
Improvement: Improved support for iOS 12.
Improvement: Added support for surfacing PocketCAS documents as Siri suggestions.
Improvement: Added support for new iPhone screen sizes (e.g. for iPhone XS Max).
Improvement: Updated to the latest computation kernel (which includes the domain() function mentioned above).
Improvement: PocketCAS can now automatically detect issues with iCloud document storage and suggests disabling it.
Improvement: Added an _underscore_ option to the keyboard on iOS (press and hold the '.' key to access it).
Improvement (Mac): Disabled smart quotes in the entry editor.
Improvement (Mac): Improved the visuals of 3D line drawing.
Bugfix: Fixed a few minor calculation errors and crashes.
Bugfix (Mac): Better display when scrollbars set to always show.
Ratings and Reviews
Scripts for maximum extensibility
This has allowed me to derive and test solutions for computer algorithms. The greatest thing about this program is scripting. If a function doesn’t exist, you can create it using an already large set of functions. Such a great tool for price. I would like a full reference manual. It has so many functions, most are described in examples and manual. I seem to keep finding built in syntax that I cannot find out how to use.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for the great review! I feel you with constantly finding new things. Maybe https://pocketcas.com/reference can help a bit. And if you have any questions, also feel free to contact us via the built-in support function at any time :-) Best, Daniel Alm
Great app and companion to the iOS app!
I downloaded the iOS app while I was away from home and had forgotten my calculator and fell in love immediately. As soon as I got back I made sure to grab the Mac version as well. It’s convenient that I can use either one and pick up right where I left off with iCloud integration. I highly recommend both of these apps!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We have just released PocketCAS 3.10.3, which increases the graph size for wider document windows. And to quickly create a new entry, simply press the Cmd-+ shortcut, which should be even faster than double-clicking the end of the table.
Would you mind updating your review accordingly? :-)
Daniel from PocketCAS
I have used mathematical modeling throughout my career to forecast manufacturing throughput. This application is so much more versatile to the developing of models than a spreadsheet, because it allows you to compare different components if the model in the same graph and make hypothetical changes without data by simply using math.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.