Download Pocketdex and join millions of Pokémon Trainers from around the world! Now includes widgets, live raids and events, top counters for raids, Hisuian, Galarian Birds and more!
IVs are additional stats added on top of a Pokémon's base stats. To determine an IV of a Pokémon, simply take a screenshot of the Pokémon and upload it to Pocketdex! Unlock Pocketdex Pro and take full advantage of our new In-Game Scan without having to take screenshots!
Get to know all Pokémon discovered in Pokémon GO including new Mega Pokémon! Find answers to daily questions like "how many candies does it take to evolve a Pokémon?", "what type(s) are super effective against Fairy?", "how much Mega energy do I need to Mega Evolve Charizard?" and the infamous "what's the hundo IV Mewtwo?"
Real-time raids & events
Glance at current and upcoming raid bosses and live events with Pocketdex! Tap on each raid boss to see top counters and tap on each event to see more bonus details — never miss out in the world of Pokémon GO with Pocketdex!
Take it one step further with your scanned Pokémon by simulating power-ups, evolutions and even mega evolutions before investing in stardust, energy and candy. Ever wanted to see if your Pokémon will evolve under 1500 CP or 2500 CP but don't want to use your Pokémon candy? Pocketdex will help you with this, and more!
Simulate Trainer Battles
With the ability to select any Pokémon and tweak stats in just seconds, you can see how your Pokémon stand against other Pokémon before jumping into real battles!
• IV Scan
• Battle Simulator
• Top counters for raids
• PvP (product stat) ranks
• Detail view of scanned Pokémon
• iOS 14 widgets
• Powerful search and filter
• Dynamic team interface
• In-Game Scan (without screenshots)
• Scan unlimited screenshots at once
• Ads free
• Custom app icons
Unlock Pocketdex Pro and get In-Game Scan from Pokémon GO, ads free, custom app icons and more!
In-Game Scan Instruction:
• Update trainer level in Profile -> Edit (top right pencil icon)
• Do Not Disturb (DND) is off to receive banner notifications
• Allow Pocketdex permission to send you notifications (Settings -> Notifications -> Pocketdex -> Allow Notifications)
• Allow Pocketdex access to your Photo Library (Settings -> Privacy -> Photos -> Pocketdex -> Read and Write)
Tap In-Game Scan button in Pocketdex. When In-Game Scan initiates, tap the banner notification or launch Pokémon GO manually. Select a Pokémon in your Pokémon GO collection and after a couple seconds, you will receive a notification of its IV range. You can tap on the notification banner to add the Pokémon to your Pocketdex collection or swipe away and scan another Pokemon. That's it!
We offer monthly (bronze), yearly (silver) and lifetime (gold) subscription plans. Pricing are displayed either at the storefront or in Pocketdex's "Unlock Pocketdex Pro" view.
Auto-Renewal and Subscription
Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, which is listed below for each tier. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Pocketdex is a third-party application made by fans, and is not affiliated with the Pokémon brand, Pokémon GO, Niantic, or Nintendo.
• Upgrades Pokédex with new Hisuian and Galarian Pokémon
• Minor improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Just 2 Fixes and I Would Buy…
1. Scanning Pokémon. 2 Wild Scan (Beta). I want to buy this app so bad but can’t until these two things are fixed. The first just doesn’t work well enough. I cannot figure out how to get both the attacks and the iv in the same scan. There needs to be system so that two duplicate scans merge or something. Poke genie can tell me everything from just scanning without the appraisal most of the time. I know the second fix, Wild Scan, is in beta but it could absolutely change gameplay for iPhone forever. I would love it. It’s just not helpful as is right now since most of the time it give you a huge range of what the iv could be and doesn’t scan the color of the ring around the Pokémon. Lastly I will say the main reason I like this app is that it’s super pretty and user friendly. The fact that they’re trying to implement scan Pokémon at catch phase is golden. I literally can’t wait.
Would be 5 stars, but...
So far that I’ve found, this app has the most in one place. Only exception being that I can’t update or edit my Pokémon once they’re scanned in. If I change attacks, evolve, or power up, I can’t update my scan. That and the time and battery life of my phone is caught with the screenshot and stays there in the app, so when I’m looking at my Pokémon, I can’t tell what time it is, because the actual time is superimposed over the screenshot time. Or, if you use the auto-scan in the game, the red recording bar at the top is captured. Splitting hairs, maybe. But it looks a mess and would be something I’d like fixed. Otherwise, very useful app.
Developer Response ,
Hello Trainer. Thank you for taking your time and writing us a review, we appreciate it.
To edit a scanned Pokémon, swipe left on the Pokémon cell and then tap the edit (pencil) icon. From there, you can change its attacks, update CP etc.
As for the overlapping of the status bar, we will look to address this in the future.
Misleading wording, doesn’t do what it says
It’s like every other IV calculator. You screenshot and it tells you the IV, most of the time it doesn’t even tell me what the IV is or it says it couldn’t gather the information. Mewtwo, Metagross, and a Flareon specifically aren’t working for me as a few examples. The app description says that it “works through PoGo app” and really it doesn’t. You take a screenshot and the app gives you a drop down notification of the IV %. However, the way they word the phrase made me think you had to pay for the app. So I paid for a subscription, which I would like a refund on, because this app does not do as stated. It does not work within Pokémon Go, it works completely on its own, and a drop down notification is not “within the app”. It would be more simple to screenshot all of my Pokémon and mass import them into any other app.
The way the app was worded sounds great and 100% useful! However, it doesn’t work as they say, deceitful.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thientam Bach
- 100.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2017 - 2022 Thientam Bach
- In-App Purchases
- Pocketdex Pro: Monthly $1.99
- Pocketdex Pro $17.99
- Pocketdex Pro: Yearly $6.99
- Pocketdex Pro: Yearly $9.99
- Pocketdex Pro: Trial $9.49