PocketFinder is the easiest way to locate People, Pets and Vehicles with the PocketFinder GPS locators. Quickly locate your devices on a map, create zones and speed limit alerts and manage your account from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This app is perfect for families and businesses that need to stay connected.
· Mapping – View your devices on a single map or just a single PocketFinder on an individual page
· Alerts – Receive text message, email and push notifications for zone, speed and power alerts
· Zones – Create zones and receive alerts when a PocketFinder GPS Tracker enters, exits or both
· Speed Limits – Set speed limits and receive alerts when your device goes above your limit
· History – View location history for up to 60 days
· Profile – Personalize your device's name and picture
· Global Technology — You can locate your devices no matter how far they travel from your location.
· Children — Know where they are even when you can't be with them at school or their activities.
· Teens — Achieve peace of mind while giving teens independence. Review driving speeds and history and know where they are in an emergency.
· Pets — Turn your dog's collar into a GPS dog collar and be alerted if they run off.
· Seniors — Adults can locate senior parents at any time without being intrusive.
· Special Needs — Rest assured knowing you can quickly locate your special needs loved one at any time.
· GPS Vehicle Tracker — Locate your loved ones or employees on the road. Receive alerts for zones and speed. Works with cars, trucks, fleets, motorcycles, boats and other assets.
++This app works with PocketFinder People, Pet and Vehicle GPS devices sold in Apple Retail Stores and Apple.com. Service plan required but no contract required.++
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A step backwards...
Basically, I can't quickly zoom to the street level like before without multiple clicks and re-centering the icon. The app used to open right to my device, and zoom into street level. Now in centers the map in the Atlantic ocean, shows my device in the upper corner in the US map. If I click the device icon, it only shows a property of the location. I have to click on it multiple times to get the zoom back to street level. If I select the blue arrow it takes me to the 2nd picture shown above. Then I can only see the map in a small area, not like the first picture above. This app has so much potential, but no there yet. The web based tool is great but the discontinued odometer should be deleted, and the satellite and cell indicators rarely are accurate.
Don’t waste your time or money
I should have listened to the reviews and my own instinct when I first opened their website to signup for service. The product webpage, to phrase it nicely is primitive. The same experience happened to me when I installed and configured their app. Updates on device location and status are none existent, even after reconfiguring the device for 4 minute updates, I get nothing for hours. Since this was purchased to track a disabled child, he would have ended up in Timbuktu before I got an update. Forget anything that claims real time updates.
And the last part is the battery life of the device, they claim long battery life?? the thing would not even work for 8 hours on a full charge before it dies. Don’t bother to try it, it’s a waste of time.
Don’t waste your money!
Tracker battery fails after a few hours despite being set according to recommended intervals. Zone notifications are either completely nonexistent or we get 3 or 4 repeated messages of the same location. We cannot rely on this device for our special needs daughters safety. We have stopped using it altogether after multiple attempts to customer service.
The developer, Location Based Technologies, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- location based technologies
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2014 Location Based Technologies, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.