With 26 years’ history, 1 million total downloads and about ¼ of a million users worldwide, PocketMoney is one of the most used budgeting and personal financial apps in the App Store!
Find out why AppAdvice.com said about the former PocketMoney: “The app is easy to use that in fact, it is fast-becoming my most-used app on my iPad.”
PocketMoney has been fully rewritten and it is now the most advanced personal financial manager in the store, with the highest amount of features to manage your money like a PRO!
PocketMoney can track thousands of transactions through many years of financial data with no performance loss.
PocketMoney lets you track your income and expense, your cash flow, understand your net worth, schedule your bills, create budgets, monitor your stock portfolio and investments, show you where you spend the most, manage the accounts of a small business and improve the overall health of your finances. PocketMoney works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS.
- NEW: Automatic transactions download from banks and financial institutions, so you don’t have to create transactions manually anymore. This feature is supported only in certain countries (*)
- Unlimited number of accounts (checking, credit cards, savings, retirement, PayPal, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, investments and more), categories and transactions
- Simple, recurring and advanced transaction’s entry process with autocomplete funcitonalities
- Multiple ways to filter, order, mark and highlight transactions
- Multiple transaction’s editing
- Manage complex account transfers and splits
- Set planned and recurring transactions
- Multi-currency support
- Password protection (support regular passwords, Face ID on iOS and Touch ID on iOS and Mac OS)
- Create budgets to keep track of your cash flow
- Input photo receipts
- Reconcile accounts
- Apple Watch app
- Manage shared expenses
- Create tailor made reports and charts with a powerful rule engine
- Create charts
- Create simple and complex rules to automate the transaction input
- Monitor your stock portfolio and all your assets
- Import transactions from the following formats: QIF (Quicken), OFX, CSV, XML and JSON
- Automatic Synchronization between iPhone / iPad and Mac using iCloud or Dropbox, or your local network through an integrated web interface
- Use your own customised icons for the account
- Available in English, French, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, German and Japanese
FREE with advertising
- Remove the majority of the advertising (no advertising in accounts and transactions, minor advertising only for secondary advanced features).
- All the features of SILVER
- Remove ALL the advertising
- Use the MacOS desktop application (available on the Mac App Store)
- Enable the professional features (you can manage your small business accounts, create multiple companies, manage clients, create invoices and handle taxes creating tax reports)
- Receive advanced support (in English)
- All the features of GOLD
- Automatically download transactions from banks and financial institutions (*).
(*) This feature is only available for users with a bank in the following countries: USA, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, UAE, and provided that the bank is covered by the service (it is possible to check inside the app before subscribing)."
Users based in the USA, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, UAE, can subscribe (or upgrade their existing subscription) to a PREMIUM subscription and enable automatic transactions download from banks and financial institutions, so that there will be no need to manually copy them since transaction will be automatically downloaded each time the application is opened!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Terrible Electronic Register & Budget Tool
I am having a very bad experience with the updates that have been made to PocketMoney. I've used the program for about the last 13 years, and it is one of two money managing applications that I use. Scheduling recurring transactions is more complicated than it used to be, and they have offered transaction downloading for $3.99/mo, which is free in my other application.
What is the past is very relevant to the present. I can understand why users are not evolving. The new version is worse than the old. Don't change to this complicated and inferior substitute with advertisements and support fees. You are right to give it 1.5 out of 5 stars. Complaining about how much better it used to be shows that you, the consumer, are in control. Use your $3.99 to try products such as iCompta 6 or myAccountsPro. Their features might surprise you!
I don’t dislike this new version of pocket money. It is different. But I’ll tell you what I like best, it actually works. The previous version of pocket money did not work very well on newer phones. It was riddled with bugs things didn’t work etc. I loved the old PocketMoney like many of you here. But I’m not blind to the shortcomings of the old version. There are things that I miss like sorting was more intuitive. Reports worked better. The transaction register screen was less confusing. “Name, comment, payee...” etc. I LOVE that I can sync with my wife. The changes happen in front of her our eyes. And I absolutely love that the app is even being updated!!
Things I don’t like:
Doesn’t seem like it was made for phone? Things display better on iPad, IMO.
Tapping that little loading icon to clear is a b itch
I wish Payee showed instead of name. Or option
Want Available credit on credit accounts
Want Available balance on other accounts
I don’t mind the ads, really. But on iPad the ads jump around all the GD place and moves the register all about. Annoying.
Reconciling is not intuitive either.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, I fail to understand your point. In fact in the transaction screen you can tap on “Sort” and choose exactly the way you want the transactions sorted, using multiple criteria.
This way you can surely achieve the sorting you want.
The manual sorting is the last “fine tune” to order transactions which have already been sorted following your rules.
The new PocketMoney may be less intuitive than the old one, but rather than imposing a specific logic, it allows you a granular fine tuning of every possible screen, so that you can “play with your data” to achieve the outcome you need.
I hope this helps, and I would like to thank you for the 5 stars: that is surely a constructive way to give feedback!
Great Electronic Register & Budget Tool
I am having a very good experience with the updates that have been made to PocketMoney. I’ve used the program for about the last 5 years and it is the only money managing application that I use. Scheduling reoccurring transactions is a breeze and they will be offering transaction downloading in the near future. It’s a great program!
What is in the past is in the past. I can’t understand why users are not evolving. The new version is better than the old. Change, adapt, try something new and move on. Complaining about how it used to be won’t change what it is now. Give it a try the new features might surprise you!
- PocketMoney GmbH
- 69.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020, PocketMoney GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Gold Subscription $2.99
- Silver Subscription $0.99
- Gold Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.