With 26 years’ history, 1 million total downloads and about ¼ of a million users worldwide, PocketMoney is one of the most used budgeting and personal financial apps in the App Store!
Find out why AppAdvice.com said about the former PocketMoney: “The app is easy to use that in fact, it is fast-becoming my most-used app on my iPad.”
PocketMoney has been fully rewritten and it is now the most advanced personal financial manager in the store, with the highest amount of features to manage your money like a PRO!
PocketMoney can track thousands of transactions through many years of financial data with no performance loss.
PocketMoney lets you track your income and expense, your cash flow, understand your net worth, schedule your bills, create budgets, monitor your stock portfolio and investments, show you where you spend the most, manage the accounts of a small business and improve the overall health of your finances. PocketMoney works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS.
- NEW: Automatic transactions download from banks and financial institutions, so you don’t have to create transactions manually anymore. This feature is supported only in certain countries (*)
- Unlimited number of accounts (checking, credit cards, savings, retirement, PayPal, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, investments and more), categories and transactions
- Simple, recurring and advanced transaction’s entry process with autocomplete funcitonalities
- Multiple ways to filter, order, mark and highlight transactions
- Multiple transaction’s editing
- Manage complex account transfers and splits
- Set planned and recurring transactions
- Multi-currency support
- Password protection (support regular passwords, Face ID on iOS and Touch ID on iOS and Mac OS)
- Create budgets to keep track of your cash flow
- Input photo receipts
- Reconcile accounts
- Apple Watch app
- Manage shared expenses
- Create tailor made reports and charts with a powerful rule engine
- Create charts
- Create simple and complex rules to automate the transaction input
- Monitor your stock portfolio and all your assets
- Import transactions from the following formats: QIF (Quicken), OFX, CSV, XML and JSON
- Automatic Synchronization between iPhone / iPad and Mac using iCloud or Dropbox, or your local network through an integrated web interface
- Use your own customised icons for the account
- Available in English, French, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, German and Japanese
FREE with advertising
- Remove the majority of the advertising (no advertising in accounts and transactions, minor advertising only for secondary advanced features).
- All the features of SILVER
- Remove ALL the advertising
- Use the MacOS desktop application (available on the Mac App Store)
- Enable the professional features (you can manage your small business accounts, create multiple companies, manage clients, create invoices and handle taxes creating tax reports)
- Receive advanced support (in English)
- All the features of GOLD
- Automatically download transactions from banks and financial institutions (*).
(*) This feature is only available for users with a bank in the following countries: USA, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, UAE, and provided that the bank is covered by the service (it is possible to check inside the app before subscribing)."
Stability fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot read the tiny font
Developers- I’ve been a PocketMoney user from the beginning and I do miss the simplicity of the old version. But I also appreciate the added power and features in the new version even though I do not use any of them. I only use the app as an on the fly check register as I pay bills and get cash. At year end I download data to list all transactions by category for tax purposes. So I have learned to navigate the new app and keep it simple for my purposes. The one area I cannot solve is the tiny fonts. I cannot read my balances and need to take a screen picture and expand it to read the balance. While it may be my eyes, this is the only app I have this issue and find it odd that a financial app does not place more visual focus on the balance amount. If there is a way to increase font or darken the balance in the app I cannot find it. And if not, is it possible to add such a feature?
Outstanding Tech Support
I’ve been using PM since 2010 and I absolutely love it. It has kept me completely organized with all of my financial transactions ever since. I can see in an instant a clear picture of my account standings at any given moment, as well as project ahead so I don’t overspend. One of my favorite features is being able to schedule transactions for the future for things that are recurring transactions based on any frequency. I had been struggling with a pretty bad latency issue for awhile in the app so I finally decided to upgrade from the free version so I could utilize the support at a higher level. Let me tell you, BEST DECISION EVER! Not only does the Pocket Money Team respond promptly, they are patient, courteous and went above and beyond to help me fix multiple issues I had, which I had created myself over time. The turnaround of getting their assistance was really phenomenal and everything is working as good as new again. I will continue to use this app for many years to come. I highly value companies that provide such great support to their customers. That is a rarity these days in my opinion.
Worst update ever
Pocket money has updated. Great new version, whatever!!! The old version won’t load because it’s not formatted for the new iOS version so you can’t import or export data. The help page says see faq’s and that’s it. I’ve used PocketMoney for years. I even paid for the app when it updated and wasn’t free. Now I’ve lost everything I’ve used for 8-10 years. Thanks Pocket Money. Great update that doesn’t allow prior users to enjoy the new features. If you need more help the website says to connect via help in the app, nothing works. Worst update I’ve ever experienced. Complex is not always better!
I love that the developer responds with the same info on the website that allows you to get NOWHERE. The same answer for each user is still not effective. My backup is not available because the app is no longer recognized. Had I known it would disappear I would have exported my decade of data, I didn’t have the option. Backup only works when you can restore it to the app. Still a horrible update and conversion, as noted by multiple prior users. Unless I pay for the app again I can’t contact support, so that’s not helpful either.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, you can download the new version for free, and import your data (provided that you have a valid backup) in the new app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PocketMoney GmbH
- 70.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020, PocketMoney GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Silver Subscription $0.99
- Gold Subscription $2.99
- Premium Subscription $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.