Drug information curated and summarized by a Pharmacist (meds used in the United States). Feels like you're talking to a live pharmacist versus reading through an encyclopedia!
Pocket Pharmacist features:
∙ Unbiased information (zero pharmaceutical sponsorship and no advertisements)
∙ Drug summaries curated and summarized by a Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy) -- focused on drugs approved by the United States FDA
∙ Wicked fast drug search
∙ Super accurate
∙ Easy to understand
∙ Provides interactions and overlapping precautions and side effects
∙ Test your drug and medication knowledge
∙ Unlimited multiple-choice questions and flashcards
∙ The best drug study guide, period.
∙ All your medication information nice and neat
∙ Run interaction checks
∙ Share by print/email with your medical team
Download now for a free trial. Not impressed? Simply walk away. No login required. Nothing to opt-out. Nothing to cancel.
∙ O (The Oprah Magazine)
∙ iPhone Life Magazine
∙ Woman's Day
In-App Auto-Renewable Subscription Details
- Pocket Pharmacist Monthly and Pocket Pharmacist Yearly include an ad-free experience, access to all current features, drug information curated and summarized by a pharmacist (updated monthly), future features, technical updates, and prompt email support for the duration of the subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew at the duration selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will be the subscription fee you have agreed to.
- You can manage your subscription by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- If you choose not to renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to the App after the end of the current period.
• Curated, summarized, and incorporated the applicable FDA labeling updates through 2/28/2021
• Added/edited several dozen drug summaries (including COVID vaccines and treatments); we have summarized more than 99% of the most often prescribed drugs in the United States (and still going!)
• Updated supporting FDA NDC information through 04/05/2021
• Updated supporting NLM RxNORM information through 04/05/2021
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and usability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’m a retired RN so I no longer have many of the contacts I had when I was working. However, “once a nurse always a nurse” and I still get asked a lot of questions about health issues and medications in particular. This app puts pertinent information at your fingertips in a manner that is both comprehensive and easy to access. I still encounter lots of people who have no idea what to expect from the medications they take but they swallow them anyhow because “the doctor said so”! This app supplies everything I need to educate folks about their meds.
Another wonderful feature is the ability to print out your medication profile to include allergies, medical conditions, procedures you’ve had done, vaccination history, a complete list of all your medical providers, and a full list of all your prescription and nonprescription medication. I’ve not met a doctor yet who isn’t impressed by the printed profile when you have a medical appointment.
Lastly, I find the ability to sync the entire program from my iPhone to and from my iPad invaluable! Great app!
Everyone needs this app!
I fell in love with this app as soon as I started using it. This is something I really needed, keeping up with my own meds in addition to those of various family members. Very user friendly.
I’ve only ever had trouble with this app once. It either wouldn’t open, freeze on the main pain and possible a couple of other things, I don’t recall. I received immediate, very responsive attention after I reached out to get this fixed.
One reason I chose this app was because it was free, I don’t pay for apps. If I’m not mistaken, the bugs I mentioned above were not long after this change. I mentioned that I don’t pay for apps but would gladly pay for this one because it truly makes part of my life so much easier & that truly depend upon it but that I would not pay until it was working correctly.
App fixed, working perfectly, happy me, ready to pay.
Then he gives me a free subscription for my troubles! Very happy girl.
I had been using this app a few years before this issue occurred and while I don’t typically leave reviews, I intended to for this because it worked so well for me…I never did. Then, after the instance where I had difficulty, the speed in which my issues were resolved & the friendly response I knew I HAD to leave a review. So approximately six months later here it is.
Long review = Great product
I don’t normally write reviews but I have been using this app for a long time and I use it almost on a daily basis. There are many reviews out there that are upset with the subscription based service now, and I admit when it first popped up I deleted the app and tried to find another. I found many other apps but none had the quality of content and ease of use as this one. I am a paramedic and use this app almost daily for drug interactions and what not with patients. To me the $10 a year is worth it for medical professionals. If you don’t feel like the price is worth it then you should download and use a different lower quality app, as for me I will gladly pay the fee for the quality of information. Keep up the good work.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Danike, Inc.
- 49.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 Danike, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pocket Pharmacist Monthly $0.99
- Pocket Pharmacist Monthly $0.99
- Pocket Pharmacist Yearly $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.