PocketTorah is designed to help you learn the weekly Torah and Haftarah portion anywhere, at any time for free.
This project is made possible thanks to the generous support of the Jewish New Media Innovation Fund
The app includes:
- The entire text of the Torah and Haftarah in Hebrew and translation.
- On Demand Audio: With a simple click or touch of any verse number the corresponding Hebrew with proper trope is chanted, while the corresponding text is highlighted.
- Tikkun View – With a touch you can choose whether you want to see the Hebrew as vowelized text or as it appears in the Torah with crowns and without vowels.
Bug fixes! --
1. Allows users with smaller screens to scroll to all of the aliyot and haftarot
2. Fixes an issue some users were experiencing where maftir aliyot did not play properly.
3. Fixed an issue where opening aliyah 3 of Pinchas would crash the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Torah app
I have a couple of minor updates to suggest. The first is to be able to bookmark a week’s portion . The second is that when one changes the font size, it doesn’t stay that size, so that it has to be done every time accessing the app and portion.
I would also suggest adding in or offering the options of the different way portions are read, ie triennial. I’m sure it’s extra work for the developers, but good for users desiring it. Thank you in advance.
What a wonderful gift of being able to just tap on any word in any Aliyah from any parsha and hear and see the text so I can learn the tropes. Thank you for making this available for free and continuing to update and keep this free for all to use! I'm also very thankful of the translation in English and the ability to pause so I can read through and learn as well as understand the text I'm reading. Again I give much appreciation to all the work and kindness put into this app.
One thing I've noticed is my app crashes on iPhone 5s when I try to just go to the parsha of the week. The app just kicks me out and closes. I just reopen the app, then I just search for the correct parsha in the provided list. But I probably just need to update my iPhone.
Great app — needs some updates
This app is the best tikkun app I have found. It is the only app I have found for tikkuns that also has audio — great for teaching kids for bar/bat mitzvah. Thank you! It needs some updates though: 1. It takes a lot of space — ten times more than most apps, and than the companion Pocket Torah app. 2. There is a weird bug where if you go to another app and come back to this one, it starts flashing and only showing part of the page.
It also would be great to be able to have this app on Google Play as well so that it can be used with Chrome books or with Androids.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.