Want to make it easy for your listeners to tap directly through to sponsors? Skip over spoilers if they aren’t caught up? See what’s coming up in your episode? Let Podcast Chapters help.
With Podcast Chapters you can add MP3 chapter markets to your MP3 files, supported by most podcast clients, including Apple Podcasts!
• Really Fast: From exporting your podcast out of your audio program, to having an MP3 file with chapter markers ready to post, Podcast Chapters is the fastest way to get your podcast in the hands of your fans.
• Dead Simple: No complex export settings, no pages of preferences, and the shortcuts you already know. You import your file, add the chapters, then export it. It just works.
• Listen Back: If you're not sure where to drop your chapter markers, listen back in Podcast Chapters. Adding a new chapter marker will drop it automatically at your current position.
• No encoding or re-encoding: Podcast Chapters doesn't touch the actual bytes of your MP3, it just edits the information around them. That means no loss of quality, and no waiting for encoding to finish.
• Add Metadata: No need to go into iTunes and set metadata tags, Podcast Chapters now lets you set the podcast and episode metadata, including your show
* View Metadata: Regardless of which app added it, Podcast Chapter's new Metadata window will display any and all information added to your MP3
• Power-User Features: Do you edit multiple podcasts? Save time with the presets system in Podcast Chapters. Save your shows with pre-set metadata, including the show art. Never spend hours searching for that one image file again.
• Native to the Mac: No uploading, using a clunky web interface, and re-downloading. Podcast Chapters is designed for the Mac you use and love, by someone who uses and loves it too.
* People added to RSS metadata are automatically saved so that you don't need to re-enter the same information for every podcast episode. Just pick from the list and hit the plus button to add the person, or select "New Person" and hit plus if the person isn't yet in your list
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful, but half missing
it's not clear how to edit the rest of the ID3 tags, such as copyright information. For that, I have to go back to Fission. For $20, I expected a single-stop app that let me enter ALL podcast meta data. Instead, the chapters part is good but it's difficult to set the exact time on the scrubber. And the inability to set presets for ID3 tags (all the relevant ones) makes it kind of feel a little half finished.
It's great if all you want is chapters
The chapter-adding functionality is reliable and very helpful. Being able to play back in-app and see where your chapters begin and end is great. However, the app also offers the ability to add episode and chapter-specific images, and I've had zero success getting those to actually show up in supporting podcast players (Overcast and Castro, for example). I emailed the developer months ago asking about this, but never heard back. This app wasn't exactly cheap, either, so to have persistently broken functionality is inexcusable. I would recommend the free Forecast from Marco Arment instead. It's a little more fiddly when entering chapter starts, and you can't listen in-app to check your timing, but it has a lot of great built-ins to save time, and the pictures actually work.
I literally use this app every day
I have a daily podcast with chapters which I simply could not do without this app.
The ease with which I can add not only chapters, but chapter art and chapter URLs is great.
Not only that, but Fredrik is a very responsive developer. I have had both feature requests and bug reports added or fixed in a day or two.
The recent addition of CSV support makes adding chapters even easier. A steady stream of automation-friendly features have been added, including keyboard shortcuts.
This is a professional application that, in the great tradition of great software, does what it does, and does it very well.
I cannot think of any other app that I have purchased recently that I think of more highly than Podcast Chapters.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fredrik Björeman
- 3.3 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Fredrik Björeman
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.