POIViewer is a POI management tool with a lot of features.
POIViewer can load, manage and display POIs (Points of Interest) on maps.
Places, waypoints, placemarks can be imported and exported, show as pin or configurable icon on maps.
This universal app is very fast even with thousands points, making it the perfect complement to existing apps for navigation or route planning.
And if you really have a lot (>10000), you can selectively show/hide groups of POI on the map.
A few reviews from App stores (thank you):
***** Very good as usual - Working since years with this jewel: keep up the wonderful job.
***** Nearby POIs - Great enhancement!
***** This is the best poi app so far //Bosse.
***** Sehr praktische App und toller Support (Very handy app and great support)
***** At last my poi back
POI import from:
• Supported POI Files: .csv (Garmin), .ov2 (Tomtom), .zip, .asc., .gpx (only places can be imported), KML/KMZ (only places can be imported)
• A moveable marker on the map
• Your current location
• Foursquare places
• Wikipedia geotagged articles
• The POI search results
• Your contacts
POIViewer does not provide navigation,
but it can launch your favorite GPS app:
• Tomtom GO
• Apple Maps
• Google Maps
• Garmin StreetPilot
• CoPilot GPS
• IGO (the new iGO navigation is not well supported, due to a bug in IGO, write them an email)
• Where To?
Maps provider (online only):
• Apple Maps
• Bing Maps
POI files can be imported via:
• Email, Safari, Airdrop, etc (via iOS "Open In...")
• iTunes file sharing
• Cloud Providers on iOS 8 (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, ...)
• The integrated web browser
• POI title and comment can be edited.
• POI coordinate can be displayed in various format (decimal, degrees, what3words.com) and edited in decimal.
• HTML comment from KML file can be viewed.
• POI are organized into lists. You can copy/move POI from one list to another.
For each POI, you can view:
• Nearby POIs
• Google Streetview
• Photos (provided by Google Places, Wikimedia Commons, flickr and your photo library)
• Foursquare places and tips
• Wikipedia articles
• Monitor nearby POI while you move (for geocaching or other alerts).
• Pin icon can be modified per list or per POI.
• Pin icon can be imported via iTunes (zip files supported).
• Pin icon can be pasted into the pin library.
• Pin icon can be imported from the internet with the integrated browser.
• Places and list can exported in KMZ or KML format.
• Exported KMZ can be sent by email
• Exported KMZ/KML can be sent to PC/Mac via iTunes File Sharing
• Exported KMZ/KML can be opened on the iPad/iPhone with apps such as Goodreader, Dropbox app, or Google Earth (KML only).
• In order to launch POIViewer from an external launcher, use the URL scheme: poiviewer://.
• Navigate to coordinates using POIViewer://navigate?lat=[lat]&lon=[lon]&name=[name]
• Navigate to what3words address using POIViewer://navigate?3wa=[three.words.address]
• Display a POI using POIViewer://show?lat=[lat]&lon=[lon]
• or POIViewer://show?3wa=[three.words.address]
Visit our web site for more details.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The use of this monitoring feature to provide speed camera detection might be forbidden in some country.
Fix crash in contact card
Ratings and Reviews
The Absolute Best!!!
I have been using stand-alone GPS units for years which have POI saving and ready recall. I have wanted that same feature on the mapping apps on my phone and now I have that capability using this app.
It permits me to download POI csv files that I have created, it sorts the names alphabetically and lets me choose which map app that I want to use.
This app is the absolute best for POI management; thank you for its development.
I use this constantly
I can’t imagine life without this app. Seriously. It’s so nice for finding work locations that we have stored in Garmin CSV. I hope this stays around for years.
Developer Response ,
I hope too ! Thank you.
Excellent for real estate use
Our firm has embraced the tablet revolution and this app allows me to export our data into kmz format and add to our users iPads for client tours. The information screen that mimics the Google Eart pop up is key because I enter data and link to pictures that appear right on screen. The streetview plug-in is also very useful. If I may suggest at least 3 enhancements: 1) Allow for different symbols to be used for the pushpins, 2) Allow for a full screen pop up window without a limited zoom when accessing the point data, streetview, foursquare & picture data, and 3) keep the folder structure of the kmz file in tact. I had a very nice file created with multiple folders for different sites and they all came in together. Other that that keep up the good work and we look forward to any updates you may have planned.
- David Epinette
- 32.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © FKDev 2010-2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.