NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto is right around the corner! The festivities won’t end there—join us for a weeklong Kanto Celebration event leading up to Pokémon Day!
- Have some Pokémon to transfer? You can now transfer Legendary and Mythical Pokémon when selecting multiple Pokémon.
- The Season of Celebration will end on 3/1. Are you ready for what’s next?
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A phenomenon from the start, Pokémon GO hasn’t stopped evolving. Since launch, the best-in-class location-based AR game has expanded with countless improvements. Hatch eggs while the game runs in the background. Battle other trainers with your favorite creatures. Join memorable community day events. With a steady stream of awesome updates and hundreds of iconic creatures to catch, Niantic’s groundbreaking hit just keeps getting better.
GREAT GAME, But app glitches
Like many others, this has become a family game. Not just within my household with my spouse and kids, but also with siblings in other states. We spend almost as much time in this app as others do on social media. One great thing about this is we communicate via text message not within the app. This makes communication like family game night where we’re all talking, laughing, and competing - as opposed to shifting through all the nonsense you might find in social media. (Don’t get me wrong, I do use those apps, I’m just loving how much my family has bonded over PoGo in an “extended game night” as I like to call it.) I love how messaging others within the app isn’t possible so I hope if it were to become possible, that it could be turned off. I love how there’s a child account.
My only 2 complaints are: (1) I have reached out to support to try and get my email that I used for another Niantic app (HP) attached to this game. They say there isn’t a way which is weird because my son has both games on his Niantic Kids account. This is extra irritating because I created my account with my iCloud and without connecting it to another login method I am unable to redeem promo codes. (2) This app glitches a lot. Sometimes I have to force close it 2-3 times before it would be functional. I’ve done the delete and redownload and that didn’t work either. I think one star deduction is reasonable enough for two IMO major issues.
This game is amazing
I love this game so much, and it’s an awesome way to kill time, and if you have kids it is a great motivator to get outside! There are a couple bugs that they could fix though, one of the most prominent being that when I finish a research task and the reward is catching a Pokémon, it sometimes bugs out. However, it still has an option to try and catch that Pokémon on a different place on the list, so I guess it’s not that bad? I don’t know if other people have this problem though. Also, I agree that there should be a chat space, but I also suggest making it restricted unless you are a certain age, if you do add it. I say this because I have personally seen kids use a game chat as an excuse to cyber bully and call it a game, so that’s is why I say that if you add a chat it should be restricted for certain ages. Also, I think it would be really cool if you could have your own Pokémon battle each other, because that way you can see their strength and weaknesses before going against people online, and you would also be able to determine the difficulty of the battles. Overall, I think this is a really fun game and I highly suggest this to any and all Pokémon fans, and even people who don’t even know what it is!
Edit: I find that sometimes my Pokémon are all very damaged, and I don’t have enough potions, so maybe if you could add a chance to heal your Pokémon at a poke stop of gym, or maybe as a research reward?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 343.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.