NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
There’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- Celebrate different regions of the Pokémon world in January as we count down to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto!
- A new year means new challenges, and in that spirit we’re introducing a new feature—Collection Challenges! These challenges provide a handy guide to catching Pokémon featured during in-game events.
- You can now search your collection for Pokémon powered up with Candy XL.
- We’ve made improvements to Egg storage and Pokémon tagging.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A phenomenon from the start, Pokémon GO hasn’t stopped evolving. Since launch, the best-in-class location-based AR game has expanded with countless improvements. Hatch eggs while the game runs in the background. Battle other trainers with your favorite creatures. Join memorable community day events. With a steady stream of awesome updates and hundreds of iconic creatures to catch, Niantic’s groundbreaking hit just keeps getting better.
This game is amazing
I love this game so much, and it’s an awesome way to kill time, and if you have kids it is a great motivator to get outside! There are a couple bugs that they could fix though, one of the most prominent being that when I finish a research task and the reward is catching a Pokémon, it sometimes bugs out. However, it still has an option to try and catch that Pokémon on a different place on the list, so I guess it’s not that bad? I don’t know if other people have this problem though. Also, I agree that there should be a chat space, but I also suggest making it restricted unless you are a certain age, if you do add it. I say this because I have personally seen kids use a game chat as an excuse to cyber bully and call it a game, so that’s is why I say that if you add a chat it should be restricted for certain ages. Also, I think it would be really cool if you could have your own Pokémon battle each other, because that way you can see their strength and weaknesses before going against people online, and you would also be able to determine the difficulty of the battles. Overall, I think this is a really fun game and I highly suggest this to any and all Pokémon fans, and even people who don’t even know what it is!
Edit: I find that sometimes my Pokémon are all very damaged, and I don’t have enough potions, so maybe if you could add a chance to heal your Pokémon at a poke stop of gym, or maybe as a research reward?
Hands down, best app available.
I’ll shoot it to you straight. Don’t listen to the negative reviews. Contrary to “popular” belief, this game isn’t “paywalled” unless you have a fear of missing out on what other players spend 6+ hours achieving in a day. A very small portion of exclusive events are paywalled, like go fest/safari zone and that’s it. If you want items from the store, Drop in as many gyms as possible, it’s good for 350 coins per week if done right, and have reasonable expectations (and by that I mean shiny Pokémon. Shiny Pokémon in GO are given out at an insanely high rate compared to main series games) Competitive gameplay (Go battle league) having some glitching issues, doesn’t make it a bad game for those that choose not to play competitively, and even with the glitching, proper investments in Pokémon far outweigh any glitching that occurs, that and most players just expect to go 5/5 on every round played and anything less than that is a failure on Niantic’s part. Raids are very easy if you toss your IV expectations out the window and focus on high CP counters. Each Pokémon has given base stats, and IV doesn’t make or break most Pokémon when raiding, counters make or break your success. The game is completely add free, it’s free of actual currency, it’s fun, it’s addictive and it gets you outside. Just play it how YOU want to play it, and you’ll love it regardless.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 343.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2018 Pokémon. © 1995-2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.