NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- We’re excited to announce that a referral program will soon be coming to Pokémon GO!
- Season of Legends begins! From Legendary Pokémon to legendary Trainers, this Season will celebrate legends in Pokémon GO.
- Level-up achievement-sharing feature
- Inventory selection improvements
- Fixes to raid invites
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A phenomenon from the start, Pokémon GO hasn’t stopped evolving. Since launch, the best-in-class location-based AR game has expanded with countless improvements. Hatch eggs while the game runs in the background. Battle other trainers with your favorite creatures. Join memorable community day events. With a steady stream of awesome updates and hundreds of iconic creatures to catch, Niantic’s groundbreaking hit just keeps getting better.
GREAT GAME, But app glitches
Like many others, this has become a family game. Not just within my household with my spouse and kids, but also with siblings in other states. We spend almost as much time in this app as others do on social media. One great thing about this is we communicate via text message not within the app. This makes communication like family game night where we’re all talking, laughing, and competing - as opposed to shifting through all the nonsense you might find in social media. (Don’t get me wrong, I do use those apps, I’m just loving how much my family has bonded over PoGo in an “extended game night” as I like to call it.) I love how messaging others within the app isn’t possible so I hope if it were to become possible, that it could be turned off. I love how there’s a child account.
My only 2 complaints are: (1) I have reached out to support to try and get my email that I used for another Niantic app (HP) attached to this game. They say there isn’t a way which is weird because my son has both games on his Niantic Kids account. This is extra irritating because I created my account with my iCloud and without connecting it to another login method I am unable to redeem promo codes. (2) This app glitches a lot. Sometimes I have to force close it 2-3 times before it would be functional. I’ve done the delete and redownload and that didn’t work either. I think one star deduction is reasonable enough for two IMO major issues.
Bug fixes needed badly
Love the game, however there are many bugs happening that has made it frustrating. My friends list keeps showing blank and when it does show up I receive errors sending or receiving gifts. The friends list has also been blank when I go to invite to a raid I Ave to restart the app a few times before I can even invite people, which is frustrating when you’re on a timer to get everybody in! We should also be able to open more gifts in a day. When you are allowed to have 200 friends but can only open 25 gifts a day makes it hard. People get upset that their friends don’t open gifts daily then delete them. At least make it 50 gifts a day. It would also be great if we can select items from our bag to gift to others, like poke balls, revives, and berries. Or do some sort of trade with items. I find that I’m constantly needing to delete certain items that I have an abundance of like revives, when my kids have none and have so many fainted Pokémon. There should also be a better deal in remote passes. Or at least put some in the boxes you can buy. Instead of 16 premium passes do half remote half premium. With the majority of raids being remote anymore and only getting a max of 50 coins a day from holding a gym (which is another complaint that I know I’m not alone with), people have no choice but to buy remote passes. Not everyone has unlimited funds to keep raiding and playing this game.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 358.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.