NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP and UNITE with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- From November 5, 2021, to November 14, 2021, celebrate light overcoming darkness with an all-new event, Festival of Lights!
- Visual changes have been added to indicate when either your Pokémon storage or Item Bag is full. The center of the Poké Ball menu icon will turn orange when your Pokémon storage is full and revert to gray when storage space is made available. Also, when you view your Pokémon storage or Item Bag, the total number will appear in red when either is at capacity.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this game, can we make it even better?
This has been a great game since the beginning! Never before have we had a game that encouraged people to get out and meet people in the real world with the same love for Pokémon. The best part is Niantic really does care about their players and listens to the feedback given from their loyal players. The new changes have been great keeping older players such as myself actively playing yet I’ve felt like since the beginning there has been a key element that has been missing. In the original Game Boy games when you tried to catch a Pokémon you had to fight it with one of your own Pokémon and each Pokémon had up to 3 or 4 attacks that you could pick from. Less tapping the screen continuously and more strategizing your next move. I was reading the reviews and I agree that there needs to be a chat with your friend group so you can coordinate raids rather than using facebook chat groups. I honestly don’t struggle with poke balls but more with potions since I battle a lot I am always healing my Pokémon and always have a huge amount of Pokémon I can’t revive due to the low amounts of potions that are more frequently getting distributed as gifts from raids or friends. Also can we make dodging work in battles? It’s an underutilized addition that doesn’t appear to help with battling.
This app is an amazing app! It is an amazing way to kill time and a great app to get your exercise in! There are a couple things that I think could be better. I feel there should be a chat space! So you can talk to the people you are friends with to meet up and do raids or battle together. Instead of having to download an app which even then you need to at least know there phone number. I feel you should be able to get more than 50 coins a day. Or at least be able to get a bonus for every continuous day your Pokémon is at a gym. Saying that I know that the prices to buy stuff is set to match the amount of coins able to be received each day. So if needed I feel it would be ok to up the price on coins a little. For trading.... I feel you should be able to choose what your friend gets. Or at least be able to put something in there for them besides a sticker. This also adds onto the fact that we need a chat system between friends to be able to tell what each other needs and or is receiving. I know you have the notifications for what your friend has received but it would still be nice to be able to say “oh thanks for the poke balls dude” or something along the lines of that. Overall this game is amazing! And I get on it several times a day. But I am sure other people have been saying things along the lines of what I have said! I mean none of this is no rude way but I do feel that these things should either be changed or added into the game!
Fun gam just needs patches
Love the game just wish they would freaking do something and fix the cheating. It’s been a problem. People using 3+ shields. Honestly I feel like if they could either make it so a weak connection forfeits the match and make the mobile raid pass global through the app. You should be able to raid with anyone in the game easily. Just being able to easily join a raid without another app would make me keep playing the game. I love pvp too just gets annoying. Not every time it’s cheating but there is a lot of people exploring the game as well. The connection thing seems to big a big issue. I play consoles and I know connection issues typically are from you manipulating the signal to gain an advantage. I have dealt with lag switches all that and this to me seems like all people do is cut their connection a certain way to get more than 2 Shields. Because it’s always freaking laggy when it happens to me and it only happened when I’m winning rarely when I’m losing. If I have a bad signal myself I know when it’s me because nothing will work right. I battle friends all the time without issues and some of us try to find out how people are doing it when the connections get messed with that’s when the problems start so they need to fix the connection thing. Could be a quick simple patch like what some console games did. If u disconnect from server or have a connection issue your out and disconnect from the game lobby.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 362 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins $19.99
- Event Bonus $0.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins $39.99
- Event Ticket $4.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins $99.99
- New Trainer Box $2.99
- Ticket $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.