Listen to the largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, comedy, talk, and music stations. That's over 40,000 stations available for free.
Get the original police scanner app that has everyone hooked - as seen on "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.
- Read about active events going on at the moment along with the station that is current playing the audio from that event- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, bluetooth devices, and other iPod devices
Now you can read about active events going on at the moment along with the station that is current playing the audio from that event
Ratings and Reviews
Free and a tool to utilize for survival in the hood, this app couldn’t get any better! Unarmed single female. Constant line of max heads zombies lurking along side, aggressive panhandlers loitering about looking to steal anything that isn’t nailed down, front door that faces less than 10 ft from a main thoroughfare in a crime infested neighborhood where the ghetto bird is always above my roof, constant whaling of sirens and then the cops constantly zipping by or zigzagging the neighborhood looking for someone who did God only knows what, this scanner app is the only thing that has, countless times I must add, alerted me my immediate well-being is potentially in jeopardy and therefore I need to baton down the hatches, Look for the mace, grab old slugger and be on the lookout. I use it as a tool almost daily to help keep me safer and to clue me in in what the hell is really going around up in here, the hood. Literally just heard sirens right now so let me tune in. Thanks police scanner app people for helping me be better equipped to deal with all that goes on daily in the hood.
Using as a Police Scanner
I really enjoy this app! Have not delved beyond the police scanner yet, as that was main reason to use it.
It works exactly as you would want for that. So many options! I live in a large city in CO and rest of my family live back in MI. This lets me not only know what is happening here in this huge city around me, but I can keep an ear out on my adult kids to👍🏼
Interesting how you learn that when police departments complain how underfunded they are, or under staffed, by hearing that on any given weekend, in any district, only 3-4 cars are on the late night shift, and complaint calls hold for over 24 hrs....you can understand the frustration from not only the people in the city, but very much so by the police who have to answer those insanely late response times! Last weekend Friday night, 2am, 4 different calls were held involving guns and knives simply because there was no one to respond!
Yup. Sorry for the long story, but this app has actual learning value to it. 109% recommendation ✌🏽
Great Free App
I've owned a handheld digital scanner for years, and it was with me for much of my free time and always when I was in the car. Unfortunately it got knocked off a table and is not working. This app helps fill the gap pretty well. I like that I can listen to other areas from home and can tune in to home when traveling. I love that it has a timer that turns the app off if I fall asleep listening. I listen almost exclusively to law enforcement/fire. The one thing I do not like about the app is that more than one channel will run at a time. With City, County and Fire all going at the same time it is sometimes impossible to know what is happening. This is the next best thing to my handheld.
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 88.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Rego Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Police Scanner + Pro Edition $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.