polybeat is an advanced and extremely flexible drum and percussion sequencer able to generate complex polyrhythmic and polymetric rhythmic patterns.
nb: polybeat does not make sound by itself, you will need to load it in an AUv3-compatible host (such as AUM, Audiobus, ApeMatrix, Nanostudio 2, etc.) or connect it to an external synthesizer, computer or any other sound generating device.
- independently configurable sequence length per drum voice (ranging from 1 to 32 steps)
- independently configurable step length per drum voice (ranging from double whole notes to 64th notes, including tuplets and dotted notes)
- every sequencer step can be modulated by the following attributes:
- accent on/off
- ratchet (note repeats)
- skip (note every *n* loops)
- timing offset
- sample-accurate sequencing engine
- slick and responsive native UI
- indidividual drum voices can be muted or solo'ed
- sequences can be instantly transformed by the following actions:
- shift left/right
- full AUv3 preset- and state-saving
- ability to copy paste patterns between instances of the plugin
- mapping presets for popular AUv3 drum apps and hardware drum machines
- includes musical scale presets for polybeat to be used as a melodic sequencer
- responds to MIDI input for switching and selecting patterns, as well as performing pattern transformations
- works offline
- no push notifications
- no ads or in-app purchases
- no third-party behavioural tracking tools
ongoing development and support, many new features on the roadmap
- adds velocity modulation
- adds MIDI CC modulation
- added Beathawk MIDI mapping
- lowered minimum deployment target to iOS 11
- various bugfixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Changed my review from 1 to 5 star due to some issues getting it to show in my various daws but was able to clear it up after a few restarts and a reinstall. The dev was quick to reach out and resolve my issue thanks and now the website is working for support too.
Brings drums to life
You can take the most boring of drum loops and bring them to life with this tool. It works exactly as described, and the developer has been active online to gather feedback to improve this already great tool.
Crashing in Cubasis
Sequencer itself is really well laid out, very similar to Reasons drum sequencer in feature set. Unfortunately for me it is not working right in Cubasis crashing after a minute of use and skipping occasional notes (and no it’s not the probability setting) Will revise rating when problems are corrected
Developer Response ,
i'm sorry you've been experiencing problems with polybeat. in the latest version (1.1) the Cubasis issue should be resolved.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Corne Driesprong
- 18.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Corné Driesprong
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.