Define what you’re looking for: Love and friendship? Something kinky and fun? There are more options in PolyFinda, because there are more ways to love and connect in polyamory.
PolyFinda was designed by the polyamorous community. PolyFinda is not for cheaters, it’s a respectful community that thinks consent is sexy, and that love, in its many forms, should be celebrated.
We have built openness and consent into the app design. Explore relationships, love and desire with like-minded and open people of all genders and preferences, in a safe and judgement free environment.
If you’re new to the scene, or opening up a relationship, PolyFinda can help you make real connections. Start connecting with free spirits seeking others for relationships, sex, romance, discussion and friendship - in an honest and open way
POLYFINDA IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER APPS
• Who is just one thing anyway? In the PolyFinda polyam dating app you can choose multiple selections for orientation and preference, so you can find what you’re looking for, and know that people you match with are looking for someone like you.
• Put all your cards on the table with ‘Current Relationship Status,’ and let people know your ‘Preferred Relationship Styles’, so you can set expectations early. But remember that ‘Still Working It Out’ is a perfectly valid option, and a pretty good conversation starter.
• There might be more options in our ‘Looking For’ section than you’ve thought of and you can also select them all! ...Or select ‘Not Important,’ because maybe it’s not? Maybe we should all just live-and-let-date?
• Discover polyamorous-friendly events, polyamorous friendly therapists and counsellors or community support groups in your area.
HOW IT WORKS
• PolyFinda is free to join. You can find polyamorous, open and poly-curious people near you quickly.
• It looks a little different to other dating apps, you can see people in your area and start chatting right away. So, jump right in and broaden your horizons!
• Chat right away. Click ‘Match and Chat’ to send messages to users online and near you.
• To start a conversation with a free account, use some of your welcome bonus 200 credits received when you first set up your account. You can easily purchase more credits when you run out. If not, earn credits by listing your own online or face to face event on the app.
• Don’t want to monitor your credit balance? Subscribe as a full member and you won’t need credits to start chatting. Full member subscriptions auto-renew monthly unless you adjust or cancel them in your app-store settings.
• Receiving too many messages or want to be selective about who contacts you? Change your privacy settings to only receive messages from people you have previously 'liked'.
• Clear up you search results using the Magic Wand to remove profiles you have seen before.
• All users can find or post events in their area like polyamorous meetups, cocktails and speed dating, or performance events online or face-to-face, to meet people the good old-fashioned way.
• All genders, identities and preferences are welcome, with diverse tick-box options for profiles including: Female, Male, Couple, Androgynous, Bigender, Cis Man, Cis Woman, Genderfluid, Genderqueer, Non-binary Transmale, Transfemale, Transsexual and Couple Profile.
• Relationship preferences such as: Strictly Monogamous, Non-Monogamous, Open Relationship, Monogamish, Polyamorous, Open Polyamory, Closed Polyamory, Polygamy, Polygyny, Relationship Anarchy, Swinging, Casual Dating, Still Working It Out, or even Other.
- Improved match-making algorithm
- Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Potential, but buggy
Took about 35 minutes to create a profile. Autocorrect was suppressed while filling out the fields, which was somewhat irritating, but livable. However, when I got to the stage of trying to upload an avatar, there is what seems to be an arbitrary 1MB limit on photo size, which means any photo taken with an iPhone camera is too large to use as an avatar, though there’s no way of knowing until your upload fails. I even tried incredibly outdated photos taken on old phones, and it said my 1MB photo exceeded the 1MB limit. Finished profile creation, and was able to upload other photos without worrying about the 1MB limit (hence my comment that it seemed arbitrary). Had to navigate to figure out how to see local profiles, of which I was the only one. Deleted my account. Perhaps I’ll try again at some point.
Where’d my account go!?!?
So I spent the considerable time setting up a complete and honest profile. Suddenly, a few days later (today), I can’t log in and the system tells me that there is no user with my email. If you’re going to delete my account, please give me the dignity of an email telling me that you’re doing it and why.
The app would freeze up periodically, but it was not hard to restart and continue. The user interface is good. The biggest weakness is the very low number of users within 100km of my mid-sized-city location. It gets 4 stars if my account reappears.
Simply put, it’s not finished
I truly tried. The app is far beyond unpolished, it’s simply incomplete.
Tl;dr: Goos choices of gender and relationship identities, but UX is bland and impersonal, profile didn’t save. Not trying again.
Long version: It allows for multiple selection of relationship types (including solo poly and RA) and gender identities. This is great!
The bad is everything else in the user experience. The profile fields are labeled impersonally, such as “Users location” contrasted to right above it, “About me”. “Profile type” means how you identify (Male, Female, Cis M, Cis W, Non-Binary, etc.) Small things at first.
Then there is a three question interview for the app developers. One of the questions is “What is good about poly?” Will only ever have subjective answers in it and yet it tells you you will be judged on your answer. If this were an interview question other users to read, fine. But it explicitly states this is specifically for the app developers to see if you are poly-friendly. I’m being tested?
Due to the other reviews, I did not spend 20 minutes filling out the profile. Instead, I answered the short questions manually and I pasted essays from my other dating app profiles to speed up the process.
The app simply told me the profile was not saved and took me back to the start page. Sigh.
There is no stated character limit on any field. You have one line of viewable editing space to fill in essay questions. It is impersonal, amateur, and incomplete. We should not be subject to a developer’s judgment if we’re worthy to use their app.
The only reason there is a second star is because they allow for any number of gender identities or relationship types to be selected in defining who you are. That part they got right.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Polyamorous Pty Ltd
- 37 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Polyamorous Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.