Define what you’re looking for: Love and friendship? Something kinky and fun? There are more options in PolyFinda, because there are more ways to love and connect in polyamory.
PolyFinda was designed by the polyamorous community. PolyFinda is not for cheaters, it’s a respectful community that thinks consent is sexy, and that love, in its many forms, should be celebrated.
We have built openness and consent into the app design. Explore relationships, love and desire with like-minded and open people of all genders and preferences, in a safe and judgement free environment.
If you’re new to the scene, or opening up a relationship, PolyFinda can help you make real connections. Start connecting with free spirits seeking others for relationships, sex, romance, discussion and friendship - in an honest and open way
POLYFINDA IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER APPS
• Who is just one thing anyway? In the PolyFinda polyam dating app you can choose multiple selections for orientation and preference, so you can find what you’re looking for, and know that people you match with are looking for someone like you.
• Put all your cards on the table with ‘Current Relationship Status,’ and let people know your ‘Preferred Relationship Styles’, so you can set expectations early. But remember that ‘Still Working It Out’ is a perfectly valid option, and a pretty good conversation starter.
• There might be more options in our ‘Looking For’ section than you’ve thought of and you can also select them all! ...Or select ‘Not Important,’ because maybe it’s not? Maybe we should all just live-and-let-date?
• Discover polyamorous-friendly events, polyamorous friendly therapists and counsellors or community support groups in your area.
HOW IT WORKS
• PolyFinda is free to join. You can find polyamorous, open and poly-curious people near you quickly.
• It looks a little different to other dating apps, you can see people in your area and start chatting right away. So, jump right in and broaden your horizons!
• Chat right away. Click ‘Match and Chat’ to send messages to users online and near you.
• To start a conversation with a free account, use some of your welcome bonus 200 credits received when you first set up your account. You can easily purchase more credits when you run out. If not, earn credits by listing your own online or face to face event on the app.
• Don’t want to monitor your credit balance? Subscribe as a full member and you won’t need credits to start chatting. Full member subscriptions auto-renew monthly unless you adjust or cancel them in your app-store settings.
• Receiving too many messages or want to be selective about who contacts you? Change your privacy settings to only receive messages from people you have previously 'liked'.
• Clear up you search results using the Magic Wand to remove profiles you have seen before.
• All users can find or post events in their area like polyamorous meetups, cocktails and speed dating, or performance events online or face-to-face, to meet people the good old-fashioned way.
• All genders, identities and preferences are welcome, with diverse tick-box options for profiles including: Female, Male, Couple, Androgynous, Bigender, Cis Man, Cis Woman, Genderfluid, Genderqueer, Non-binary Transmale, Transfemale, Transsexual and Couple Profile.
• Relationship preferences such as: Strictly Monogamous, Non-Monogamous, Open Relationship, Monogamish, Polyamorous, Open Polyamory, Closed Polyamory, Polygamy, Polygyny, Relationship Anarchy, Swinging, Casual Dating, Still Working It Out, or even Other.
- Some small enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Potential, but buggy
Took about 35 minutes to create a profile. Autocorrect was suppressed while filling out the fields, which was somewhat irritating, but livable. However, when I got to the stage of trying to upload an avatar, there is what seems to be an arbitrary 1MB limit on photo size, which means any photo taken with an iPhone camera is too large to use as an avatar, though there’s no way of knowing until your upload fails. I even tried incredibly outdated photos taken on old phones, and it said my 1MB photo exceeded the 1MB limit. Finished profile creation, and was able to upload other photos without worrying about the 1MB limit (hence my comment that it seemed arbitrary). Had to navigate to figure out how to see local profiles, of which I was the only one. Deleted my account. Perhaps I’ll try again at some point.
Where’d my account go!?!?
So I spent the considerable time setting up a complete and honest profile. Suddenly, a few days later (today), I can’t log in and the system tells me that there is no user with my email. If you’re going to delete my account, please give me the dignity of an email telling me that you’re doing it and why.
The app would freeze up periodically, but it was not hard to restart and continue. The user interface is good. The biggest weakness is the very low number of users within 100km of my mid-sized-city location. It gets 4 stars if my account reappears.
High Hopes for the Future
Can't load images, it only takes from shared photo library, not phone library... and like most niche dating apps there just isn't enough users to make it work. Good attempt, could work if it's really improved upon. I hope this idea picks up because finding other poly folks ain't easy!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Polyamorous Pty Ltd
- 38.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © 2015 Polyamorous Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Males Memberhsip $9.99
- Males in Couple Membership $9.99
- Females Membership $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.