Unlock the potential of your synths with Polymer, a Polyphonic Voice Distributor.
Polymer lets you play your monophonic synths together polyphonically, as if they're one giant mutant polysynth. And that's just the tip of the iceberg: you can alternate notes between different synths in monophonic sequences, layer pads and leads to create songs without leaving the keyboard, or experiment with the outer limits of modular paraphony.
Operating via MIDI, Polymer is compatible with almost any modern electronic instrument — modulars, samplers, polysynths, even virtual instruments through the OS X IAC Bus.
Polymer is an experimental utility that expands the horizons of your existing synth collection. You’ll never look at your studio the same way again.
- Intuitive, animated UI clearly shows which voices are active as you play.
- Works with MIDI-compatible keyboards and sound modules via USB-MIDI interface.
- Compatible with soft synths that can be addressed through the OS X IAC bus.
- Control up to 32 MIDI channels simultaneously, for 32-voice polyphony.
- Even combine polyphonic synths - supports multiple voices per MIDI channel.
- MIDI Merge between unlimited MIDI input channels.
- Velocity, Pitch Bend, and Mod Wheel data are transmitted automatically.
- Forward, Backward, Ping-Pong and Random Direction options for choosing the next voice.
- Supports Voice Stealing, allowing for continuous play regardless of available voices.
- Two Algorithms for voice allocation: Static starts at the same voice each time, while Cycle alternates in round-robin fashion.
- A Mac running OS X 10.7 or later.
- A USB-MIDI Interface & MIDI Cables.
- Several MIDI-compatible hardware sound modules or keyboards.
- A Master MIDI keyboard or sequencer. Can be hardware connected to your computer, or software-based through the IAC bus.
NEW: Ping-Pong Direction Option. Allocates voices up, then down again. Many thanks to Polymer user Loopy C for the suggestion!
- Fixed an issue where after disabling a MIDI Output, the voices for those channels weren’t disabled under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where holding notes in cycle mode would cause the current note to not be updated properly.
Ratings and Reviews
A brilliant App! Synthesists Rejoice!
This application is a godsend for any musician who needs to poly chain mono synths, or even poly synths were the manufacuturer has not implemented a poly chain function for extra voices. The 1.1 version includes the much needed ability to specify how many voices are available on each instrument, so you can take advantage of duophonic or 4-voice polyphonic synths, linking them together in a huge 8 or 12 voice monster! This application allowed me to build the equivilent of an Oberheim FVS (4 voice) by linking one (1) Tom Oberheim TVS-Pro with two (2) Tom Oberheim SEM Pros! Brilliant!
After spending 90 seconds with this app, it's clear that it's a labor of love. It's immediately obvious how it works and the interface is quite beautiful. You just saved me $300 because I don't need a FutureRetro Mondovox now. Best $20 I've spent in a long time. Brilliant!
All I get is a blank interface that won’t allow me to do a thing. Just refund my money before I contact consumer affairs!! I don’t deal with junk! You advertise an interface, There is no interface!!! This app is junk people. Don’t buy it.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! Sorry to hear you've been having a problem with Polymer. If you'd just like your money back, that's no problem at all - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get you a refund from there. That said, if you send your operating system version and computer info to that email address as well, we'd love to try and get to the bottom of the bug that you're seeing. Thanks so much!
The developer, Paracosm, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Paracosm, LLC
- 2.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Paracosm LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.