PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
NOTE: This is the same app as PolyNome but with the Pro in-app update features already enabled.
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click!
• Quickly create melodic vamps with the 6-octave keyboard
• Program rudiments and snare pieces using drumlins sounds and flams, diddles, rolls, etc.
• Download 100s of Presets and Playlists from the Public Library!
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Create complete song structure clicks with voice cues for sections.
• Automate tempo changes for practice routines.
• Track and view charts and stats of all your practice.
• Daily Journal for keeping practice notes.
• Set Practice Goals and view progress towards them.
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• 2 fully programmable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Save your work as Presets
• Sorting, searching, and labelling helps keep your library tidy
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Smart Volume mixer
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
• 200+ sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Import setlist from Tempo or Tempo Adv
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. One of the best apps for your toolkit!"
2.4.8 fixes a tiny bug that crept into 2.4.7.
In case you missed what was new in 2.4.7, read on...
2.4.7 brings some great new features and improvements to PolyNome.
** Record and export audio direct from PolyNome! **
Tap the Preset name at the top of the main metronome page and choose "Toggle Record".
You'll see the play button turn red.
Whatever plays in PolyNome will be saved to an audio file.
When PolyNome stops you'll get a share dialog so you can import into another app, save to files, or email it to someone.
- You can quickly rename a Preset by tapping the Preset name on the main screen.
- "Insert Existing Playlist" option added to the '+' button on the Playlist page. This allows you to insert the contents of another Playlist into the current one.
- The numbers in the BIG NUMBERS display now bounce to give a better feel of the tempo.
- The Rates displays have been improved. If you have different rates in Met 1 and Met 2 you'll see a "Rates" fader in the mixer. This can be used to visualise polyrhythms.
- Set All Tempos option now works in the Playlist. It's still quicker to just tap the padlock button in the tempo display to lock the tempo of the playlist!
- Fixes to InterApp Audio and Audiob.us compatibility
I hope you enjoy these new features.
If you have time to leave (or update) an App Store review, it's much appreciated and really helps with future development.
Any questions, just get in touch via the App.
Thanks for using PolyNome!
Ratings and Reviews
If you’re a up and coming drummer taking lessons or even an advanced drummer this is a must have!! I cannot believe it took me this long to find it and make a decision on buying the app. So many possibilities on here it’s crazy. I use it on my iphone currently and will eventually move to an ipad but it is addicting once you start digging into it. I plan on using this for my gig this Saturday for the first time and I am excited to use it. The idea of adding swing to the song will make it feel lime it should. Kudos to you all for this wonderful app!! Best $21 and change I’ve spent in a while!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review. I'm pleased you like the app. More useful features coming in the next version!
Nag, nag, nag.
It's like we're married! How many nags does one app need. In-app messages...not enough. Push notifications...not enough. Pop ups as soon as the app opens...not enough. Need a login to get the things that the app works with...not enough. Pop up to ask if it should track my practice time...not enough. Popup to ask me to rate the app...not enough. There can always be more. Why, when I'm paying for an app, does it need so many things to get my attention? I just want a metronome. I guess two physical metronomes that just click would be less annoying than all of the nags. If you're going to nag to get a review...it's going to be a good review. My preferences are already set to not get any notifications...and yet, here I am talking about all of these nags. I wonder what it's like to have ADD and have this app. You're not likely to even get to practice.
Developer Response ,
It sounds like you're very unhappy.
I realise there are quite a few notifications the first few times you use the app. They're there to explain various features and confirm whether or not you want to receive notifications. I know it can seem a bit much at first, but they stop - I promise.
I hope you've settled in with PolyNome and didn't file for divorce.
You can always contact me through the app if you have questions.
All the best,
Ridiculously awesome - more than a great metronome
I've bought most of the popular other metronome apps. It was a waste of money. This app goes sooo much. A great metronome. Can down load rudiments, including the sticking. Which is great for teacher/student organization. Automatically keeps track of practice logs. Can increase tempo over time, which I love. All is dynamically controlled and a pretty short learning curve and there's great instructional videos. Very very happy with this app.
I downloaded it today and am learning all the many bells and whistles. Two things I might have missed, but I don't think they are there is I don't think this is cloud supported so iPad and iPhone don't sync. Also, I would like to have the option of brighter visual cues. Again, these features might exist and I don't see them.
I don't write a lot of reviews, especially long ones. Very
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.